Can we get a second maelstrom option for only monstrous specials or something like that

getting these back to back to back waves of specials and hunting grounds really aint it. and for 6 mins a piece on the same maps. maelstrom cound be better

1 Like

tbh, monstrous specials is really the only maelstrom mutator that’s any more difficult than regular auric. I think that rather than adding even more queues, they should add more of these hard-mode mutators and move the easier ones into regular auric.

1 Like

thats too much to ask for i think. would be easier to jus add another one idk, what u guys think. way it is now. these maelstrom maps are not that hard and more boring than before. and its aaalways hunting grounds. and jus basic specials

You have to think a little more deeply about it.
The more you add new modes, the more you split the community.

Back in VT2 we gave Fatshark tons of :poop: and rightly so when they introduced Weaves.
To this day there is a whole game mode with the size of a secondary campaign sitting around abandoned. The content only bought because it comes bundled with a new difficulty level.

2 Likes

This. Just splitting old single QP queue into Standard/Auric/Maelstrom queues has dumpstered the number of runs I can find in my region.

It used to be a case of almost always finding a T5 run in-progess or populated lobby by queueing for T5 QP. Now it’s a case of repeatedly cycling through the three for 10-15 minutes before anything comes up.

I agree that the maelstrom missions are frequently underwhelming, but like Mayson said there shouldn’t be another queue, they should just change the combinations of modifiers. IMOP every mission in auric should be high intensity shock troop as standard, then throw modifiers on top of that. I hope they keep releasing new modifiers as well, not all of them are going to be winners, but maelstrom missions as a vehicle for deploying new game modes is a great idea.

1 Like

I think that having high int as auric baseline is completely fine (which is what we have right now).

It would be nice if all maelstrom missions always came with one of the following though:

• monstrous specials
  • high int shock troop
  • huge amount of roaming elites (maybe a few in the hordes)

That way, they would never feel more boring than regular HI+STG.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.