Lower Power and lower Damage weapon deals more damage than the same weapon of higher statistics

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
For two weapons of the same type, of which one has a higher power level and damage statistic, the weaker weapon on the statistics card is more powerful weapon.

This makes the bars entirely useless if you cannot even trust them to relay the damage, and forces me to ‘test’ every upgraded weapon I find in the store to see if it IS truly worth replacing.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue.]

1. Load into the Psykanium with two similar weapons
  2. Fire each weapon at the same target under the same conditions
  3. Notice the ‘weaker’ weapon deals more damage than the stronger one

Mission Name (If Applicable):
N/A

Platform:
[Steam]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[11/21/2022, 11:50PM] [GMT+1]

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
Helbore Lasgun 1 :

Helbore Lasgun 2 :

Lasgun 1, firing on Reaper :

Lasgun 2, firing on Reaper :

Lasgun 1, firing :

Lasgun 2, firing :

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-11-21-21.51.06-d3f46541-897b-4467-ae82-d7a56d4b0855.log (411.8 KB)

I believe they’re different weapons, my understanding was that bars are only relevant to the same Mk number

Then it makes comparing weapons entirely useless, these are both Blue quality Helbore Lasguns, both have the same charging mechanic, both have a bayonet and they look similar.

I’ll try and purchase two exactly the same Marks of the same type tomorrow and test that.

1 Like

Absolutely, comparing max level identical weapons is a far more niche circumstance than comparing any one weapon to another so seems pretty insane Fatshark don’t want to provide any quantitative OR qualitative comparison between different weapons lol

I compared a Green Mk IV Braced Autogun with a Blue Mk IV Braced Autogun on my Zealot.
The one with the slightly larger Damage bar (green) dealt one point of damage more compared to the Blue that has an additional 53 points of ‘power’, except on the Reaper’s head where the damage was identical.

I am honestly not sure what would happen if I were to find another Helbore Lasgun and throw that in the mix, however I’ve run out of funding so I can’t test anything more.

Still it’s incredibly confusing that on paper a ‘better’ gun is nearly 55 to 63 points of damage ‘worse’ than the other one.

1 Like

The names of the guns aren’t merely cosmetic, they are different patterns of guns with their own unique attributes.
The Mk I consumes 3 ammo, Mk II consumes 2 ammo, Mk III consumes 4 ammo (the more ammo consumed the better their per shot performance is, but the worse their ammo economy). As you might guess, this makes the damage stat bar relative to other guns of the same pattern.