Lore, Careers and Questions

Lohner’s Chronicle - Ancestral Claims — Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Not sure what to make out of this one. Find it unlikely that we will get a new keep unless they claim just copying the old one.

Maybe it is a prelude for new character Boldur :stuck_out_tongue: A man of few words makes voice action cheaper too.

EDIT: Now that I think about. Maybe - in an unlikely twist - we really have to leave the Keep and have to resettle in Kruber’s Bretonnian castle/ruin Prelude for the Undead campaign. :stuck_out_tongue: Won’t happen since there are still so many parts in the Keep not opened up. Would also mean working a new hub. But it is a fun thought.

2 Likes

I’ve sent one of the lads down Karak Azgaraz to ask for arbitration from King Thuringer Orc-Hewer, but that’s gonna take a while, and there’s no guarantee it’ll work itself out in our favour.

I know what to make of it: Back to Ubersreik Karak Azgaraz

2 Likes

That thought crossed my mind. But I wasn’t sure how such a scenario would play out. Because at the moment just one person is on their way. The Dwarves would basically have to ask for a favour in return of “crossing” Boldur or at least making him forfeit his claim.

1 Like

Franz Lohner’s Chronicle - A Shieldmaiden of the Seas — Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Have to check up where Ekrund is lying. Also:

Best that I get my news out of the way before some passing god decides to have a bit of fun with old Franz.

I know he means himself but that double meaning can’t be coincidence.

2 Likes

Hedda Bardinsdottir, last seen taking ship out of Barak Varr to an uncertain fate.

good good good…

Seems they had a bit of a run-in with one Nyklaus von Carstein, or at least a part of his fleet. Nyklaus is, of course, the self-styled Count Noctilus – a pirate of some note. A vampirate,

Hedda and the Grungni’s Whisper waged a brutal one-ship-and-cogwork-torpedo vendetta, and sailed away bloody but unbowed. Which is, of course, the dwarf way.

On the other side of the Black Gulf in the Badland, from Myrmidens

2 Likes

But there’s not many folk around this place who’d turn a perfectly ordinary beer crate into a passing semblance of a genuine Leonardo da Miragliano steam tank, so the list of suspects is pretty thin.

So can we see the marvellous bed ?

Also confirmed:

Cat people: Kruber, Kerillian and Saltz
Dog People: Bardin
Unknown: Sienna (I lean toward her being a Lizard kind of person)

Now to know the name of the cat…

I’m betting Sigmar

2 Likes

Oh my. I forgot Lohner’s chronicles O.o Thanks for the heads up

Now checking if cats have some kind of other meaning in Warhammer

I can’t wait to see this cat being revealed as a vampire. Along with the appropriate reaction from the U5 if it comes about.

‘Bardin told the umgi he was a dog person, and even if he didn’t know why, it clearly proves dwarven sensibilities are superior.’

Aaaaand now we´re gona have conspiracy theories regarding a cat.

Well played Fatshark, well played.

Inb4 it turns out the cat was possessed by a divine or some manner of powerful spirit.

1 Like

1 Like

Franz Lohner’s Chronicle - Nasties in the North — Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Meeting right now. Will read afterwards :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Well, that was an interesting read. So Be’Lakor has filled the power vacuum we caused in the Chaos Wastes. And either he has set up to do this or some unknown persona has bared their fangs at the U5 on a personal level is orchestrating a multifront disaster approaching them.

Also, if he has to provoke Okri with a challenge anyway why not make it worthwhile: “Hey Okri, bet you can’t even solo Be’Lakor and his forces.

I appreciate that we got some of that “going to the chaos wastes is a bad idea” vibe back.
I’ve been longing for something story-related there for some time.

Franz Lohner’s Chronicle - Gods All Over the Shop — Warhammer: Vermintide 2

I mean, the whole Empire/Bretonnian rivalry really boils down to “winsome lady with a magic cup” versus “shouting beardo with a big hammer” don’t it?

Sounds about right. Not much information in the rest though T_T Would like to hear some more about Sofia or Bardin’s spawn.

New chronicle out. Will look in op the evening when I am not on smartphone anymore.

It’s a quieter one but with some foreboding.

Now back to driving

Franz Lohner’s Chronicle - Ratty Thoughts — Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Franz Lohner has spies among the Skavens. Not that surprising.
Other than that slightly disappointed that there was no information on that potential new Skaven leader from the Chaos Wastes.

Given how easily they betray it´d probably be weirder if everyone and i mean everyone, do not have spies among them.

They probably have members reaching out to other factions all like "You want to buy-buy latest-daily news, yes? "

3 Likes

Foreshadowing is cool and all, but it tends to lose its effect if nothing happens after it. If you get a new plot hook knowing that something is could happen “soon”, it’s super exciting. But right now it’s like “Oh, hey, another plot hook. Yeah, great. Just put it on the pile with the other 94 ones that have been there for months…”.

Right now we got tidbits about the Undead, Sofia, Bardin’s daughter, Be’lakor, Something mysterious happening in the keep, a keep renovation or possibly the need for a new hideout, a Skaven leadership change, general End Times stuff, more assorted crap, and some stuff about a cat and other red herrings. And it’s all been going on for months, and it’s rather difficult to get excited about it anymore without any sign that it’s actually leading somewhere.

9 Likes

Quite True. Don’t get me wrong, I live for these bits and bobs, for me they help shape the U5’s world immensely. But It would be great if we got something out of it

2 Likes

I hope last week’s post is just delayed.

Yea, was a bit disappointed on Friday. Last time it happened we got the FLC on the following Monday … which has not happened so far this time.

Maybe they stopped doing them? Although I don’t that is the case.
Maybe the writer had a vacation prolonged sickness so that they didn’t have a text available? Although I would think that an usual timeplan would have some kind of puffer like three prepared texts in case of absense.
Maybe the FLCs have reached a critical story-telling point where they start mentioning staff supposed to come with the next content update? Would be cool but for most of the time we mostly got teasing without a sure trail.

Let’s have an eye on it. Worst case, we can still write our own ones :stuck_out_tongue: