LOL....kraking.... LOL.... really?

Pal … Prepare yourself… Shitstorm incoming… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The exact date given was June 25th. A month away and only two months since the last expansion.

Bring it or leave it, my little gutter-snipe.

2 Likes

I was talking about the Vermintide 2 new map and weapons they mentioned in the VT skulls video

This is the same company that sunk an entire IP because they didn’t think anyone was interested in the actual game, instead of recognizing they’d priced that game out of feasible entry (“what do you mean a competitive tournament army means I need to buy/build/paint 300 Skavenslaves?”), and who also made more than one boardgame that sat around forever not selling (e.g. Dreadfleet). Same company that also routinely used to borrow money to pay dividends. There’s a lot GW misses the mark on. GW takes a very scattershot approach, lots of stuff they put out fails to sell well.

4 Likes

Dude… the proble is the whole darktide videogame segment was 33 secound long whit no / zero /zloch / nada meat in it… The fu king boardgam segment was longer than the VIDEO GAME segment thats the issue here

3 Likes

I mean lets be real about the board game thing, maybe 50-100 people will buy it, one guy will port that to table top sim, everyone will realize the rules are whack, stop playing it and it’s mostly going to just be there for people to collect models you can’t get anywhere else or for people to sell as a never opened box when the game eventually gets shut down.

It’s going to be an oddity on a long list of oddities. I highly doubt this is going to achieve any kind of cult status or anything but i could be wrong.

3 Likes

I hope it sells well and the people who purchase this are satisfied. The Traitor guard minis look awesome!

With that being said, for a game that was released unfinished, non-stop issues since then and a blatant lack of communication on what they plan to deliver this comes at a slap in the face to those who want to play and support the “live-service” videogame.

2 Likes

I believe they are the old Blackstone Fortress traitor guard minis.

GW makes a decent amount of kind of “non” board games they can sell at large retailers, like Target, to try and get people into their more established games. They pretty much said that the DT game is a less complicated version of Kill Team, and that’s supported by the fact that none of the models are uniquely made for it.

Nothing wrong with the game existing. Just that it’s not going to be something that will be continually supported or made like the other GW game systems.

1 Like

A single month from now we get a new map and at least 4 new weapons. Neither the map nor the weapons seem to be variants, and the map finally brings us a snowy biome (and the trailer music seemed amazing too). And it’s only been barely over a month since the penance rework / update which brought us a ton of free cosmetics etc.

I don’t know what your expectations were but this under 3-month period with 2 sizeable updates represents far more than we’ve usually gotten. I for one am very pleasantly surprised, especially given we know they’re also working on further crafting & weapon changes for this year too.

1 Like

I don’t know that I’d call a rejiggered pennance interface with a handful of extra oursourced cosmetics to be a “sizeable” update, particularly when it’s really just getting that feature to the point it should have been at launch in 2022.

As is, it’ll be just about Q3 before we’ll have seen anything new beyond pixel-outfits and a variant Bomber enemy this year.

3 Likes

Hands up who wants one? Besides the whales who buy any frelling thing.

While I am overall disappointed with the poor Skulls showing (Just the teaser trailer doesn’t tell anyone anything. Look at the youtube comments, since they’re not on the forum they don’t know what is in the actual update outside of a new map), and the lack luster event for DT that came with it, something I should have mentioned before is I am impressed that the crafting update was this soon.

I said earlier this year that I expected it at the earliest this September, and FS has proven me very wrong which I am more than happy for. Now if they can stick the landing and make the update itself be a banger, I’ll be ecstatic.

I do think a large part of this is on FS for making such a horrible teaser trailer for the event. First of all, it shouldn’t have been a “teaser,” it should’ve been a full blown trailer. Show even just a static image of 1 or 2 of the new guns, and actually SAY there will be itemization changes in the update or shortly after.

I think everyone felt deflated after the teaser and the lame event releasing for Darktide 6 hours before the Skulls showcase, so when they read the forum post it didn’t seem as exciting. That’s at least what happened with me.

Hoping Fatshark can prove me wrong once again.

2 Likes

I’m guessing something like this, but upon further reflection, even Patrick appears to have a bit more guiding principle.

4 Likes

Or their work time. I don’t see the point of a board game myself, but why get mad about it? It’s not like making that would hold up the game’s dev progress.

It doesn’t 100% mean anything. They’ve released more content than they’ve teased in past events and they rarely say when they’re making balance adjustments.

People here need to chill.

My only issue with the board game so far is that it has things on the character minis representing the players that aren’t in Darktide.

We LITERALLY didn’t get any weapon balance patch with the skulls event. I assume you misread my comment.

Maybe take time to read and understand what you are criticizing?

1 Like

The skulls event LITERALLY hasn’t even dropped yet. Not talking about weapon balance in the thread doesn’t mean there won’t be any changes. Like I said, they don’t always announce balance changes, and past events have included things they didn’t announce.

Be calm.

Read what? People here are getting themselves worked up about things that haven’t even happened.

I get that this place is fatshark-hate HQ, I really do, but do try to keep it together until you know what’s happening.

Making models of actual DT characters would be quite an expensive process. It’s a bit of a cheap-out, I agree, but I understand why they’ve just used “close enough” models from the existing lineup.

1 Like

But other models with things that are actually in-game exist.

It’s mainly the veteran representative having kasrkin carapace armour and using a volley hellgun, both of which are items that are moderately wanted/requested in-game but aren’t in the game.

And the Vindicator combi-eviscerater the zealot rep has.

2 Likes

What are you smoking here? The skulls event is the 9600 headshot kills for which you get some materials and that’s it. That’s the event. I don’t understand what copium you’re on right now.

That’s all there is for the next 6 days until the 30th.

3 Likes

I’m happy with the new weapons and map, couldn’t care less about a board game and a card game, the fact that they are still working on the itemization/crafting update concerns me, they are probably thinking of new ways to reduce the rng but increase the grind instead, they should just break the locks and make every blessing you unlock available on all weapons that can use that blessing for all the classes, this game isn’t warframe or wow, it doesn’t make sense to have this amount of grind with this amount of content, maybe I’m wrong and the itemization/crafting update will be amazingly good but I have my doubts.

My bet is that with the new map they will also add a new resource (moebian steel maybe) which can be used to break the locks.

2 Likes