Fatshark CMs, what the hell are you guys doing?

So apparently Fatshark had a press preview event that showed off parts of the upcoming Itemization system. Why aren’t the playerbase given any of this? Instead we have to find out from a tech tabloid site.

1 Like

It’s press, just meant to be hype. We know they’re reworking things beyond what was shown in the 3DJuegos work-in-progress images. I reckon we aren’t seeing more yet, beyond bog standard press hype (which feels like more than we usually see), because it’s not ready.

2 Likes

They’ve been doing this for ages. CM’s get asked if there’s anything they can share. they say “let me check with my bosses” and after a few weeks an interview drops on some random tech site. It’s like they just really wanna save any potentially good news for these exclusive interviews that, from my point of view, exist to stroke someone’s ego. Meanwhile the CM’s that are trying their best and get to deliver mostly bad news like the itemization delay are just left to languish in their inability to tell us about things we would get excited for.

4 Likes

I know next to nothing about the PR biz but I wonder if it was done to boost traffic to those sites which can generate $/view rather than official channels which do not.

Alternatively someone pushed it out on their own initiative as part of a deal with these outlets, and didn’t coordinate across the business. THAT I have seen countless times.

2 Likes

Maybe we should stop doing their job for them.

Only trust the information that the CMs give us. Nothing else is real.

/S to be clear

1 Like

well because like the game itself that was just yet another prototype of something to be delivered later. I think the leak was intentional to gauge feedback though, I’m sure there was some level 2000+ character in the elite playtest group who thought that grindquest system was a good idea.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.