Let's talk about the power sword

So in the last big update the power sword was changed to work like every other power weapon in the game which has made it crap, Instead of fixing the problem by making all of the other ones work like the power sword did which is what I know a lot of people wanted they made it just as garbage as the rest, So please fatshark devs if you read this just change them back and make them all work the other way less button pressing = More fun gameplay on the other hand, More button pressing = hand hurting 2x as fast which just makes me not want to play the game even more then just knowing I will be playing the same maps over and over.

Now with my rant aside best way I can think of doing this to keep a feel for both Just make it so the first hit does the most Dmg on hit then make the rest do more then the non powered ones hits but less then the first hit giving it the best of both so that way when you do run into hordes you can get that first hit in and not have to spam hit the button to repower it and not die I think everyone would be much more happy with that.

1 Like

Iam quite happy that I don’t see Vets as often anymore that try desperately to activate spam their sword while getting their face massaged, but apparently that’s still a thing.

There are more buttons than activate sword and hit. You push or dodge to get enough room to activate it.

Anyway.
The way you want the PS to work is how it performs with the Slaughterer Blessing. Literally.

2 Likes

Yet an other case of a person judging a weapon by its base power.

Yet an other problem that could be solved by people having access to a good crafting system.

5 Likes

“Though my tears be as many as the spots of rain falling in the Hagian woods,
one for every fallen soul loyal to the Throne, there would not be enough.”
- @brosgw , probably.

2 Likes

Power sword is perfectly viable with slaughterer. You don’t even have to power it up and it still does okay. It’s just not very satisfying to use and sounds like you’re hitting the enemy with wet toilet paper.

Best solution IMHO is to let it stay activated for X seconds instead of X swings and then give it a cooldown timer (and change power cycler to add +X seconds also while you’re at it).

givus two powered swings base back, camon then

1 Like

Some great ideas have been proposed by many people on these forums, on how to fix not just the Power Sword, but all the activatable weapons.

It’s now in Fatshark’s court.

2 Likes

I will look into that most of the time when it comes to crafting I get nothing good so I don’t know what half of it does.

Yeah, I only use the powered hit to prime Slaughterer. But it is very unsatisfying to hit things with when unpowered. A massive draw of the powersword is how it looks and sounds when you swing it powered up.

1 Like

What is wrong with judging a weapon by its base power?

Everything.

Although weapons should not feel like trash, when at base power, that is not a relevant thing to look at, when comparing the actual performances of weapons to each other.
Unless you want perks and blessings to be effectively useless, or to affect every weapon in the exact same way (which they can not unless all weapons are the same), you can not reasonably judge weapons without considering the available perks and blessings.

Some weapons reach certain breakpoints via perks or blessings, which make them significantly better.

Some blessings add an entirely new function to a weapon.

Asking for an overall nerf, buff or other type of change to a weapon, when just judging it by its base power, is ridiculous.

Although weapons should not feel like trash, when at base power

Which isn’t that uncommon AFAIK, and a lot of blessings are tuned to the point where it’s the only way to elevate a weapon to usable territory. Why put so much of a weapon’s potential into a blessing (to the point that not having/choosing the blessing is setting yourself up for a bad time). Utility blessings (e.g. Rev it Up, Stripped Down, I can’t think of any PS examples) are hard picks to justify if the weapon is going to perform like crap.

I haven’t played Vet much lately, so I don’t know the answer myself - if you don’t take at least 1 of Slaughterer/BM/PC, would you consider the weapon usable (or close to usable) on T5, or would it struggle?

Some weapons reach certain breakpoints via perks or blessings, which make them significantly better.

This doesn’t necessarily change by adjusting the base power. How much you need to hit the breakpoint may change, but the baseline doesn’t need to be buffed to the extreme.

That, and you can keep peak performance roughly the same - if you were to buff a weapon’s base power by 10% and reduce power/damage blessings for the weapon by 10% (so Slaughterer goes to 13.5% per stack), you still retain 99% of your peak. Adjust the numbers a little (11% for the weapon or -9% for the blessing) and your peak is back to where it was (if not very slightly higher)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.