Leaked cosmetics proving yet again, that there's alwasy content ready for the Cash shop

Is that the Cadian 8th? Are they going to put the Cadian 8th behind a paywall?!?
I should have known. There are some “free” cosmetics for vet with a similar color scheme, and I remember that I thought it was weird because it’s only the basic armor version (chest and helmet only). Now I see why it was.

1 Like

Their boss? Why are you asking silly questions? I’ll assume their contractual obligations stipulates a salary and they’re additionally granted bonuses as well. I doubt their art department is going to starve because little Billy neglected to purchase that three dollar recolor MTX hat. No, as always, these profits funnel themselves to the top. It always goes to the CEO and the shareholders. Besides you shouldn’t be asking these question because it doesn’t concern us from a consumer end. What you should be asking instead is 1) how does this transaction benefit me the player/consumer 2) what am I getting by not getting access to the content in which I paid money for the game 3) am I getting a better experience by being exploited in such a fashion.

You need to be tackling these issues as a participant in an active transaction. Don’t let these companies take advantage of you for no trade off on your end.

5 Likes

That’s absolutely a legitimate grip and should elicit some kind of response from the devs. That’s not the argument I’m seeing, though. Most of the complaints are about how FS has a functioning store while key gameplay elements are missing or need work. FS and other devs do have the ability to multi-task.

1 Like

The LE edition? There were people paying the developers extra on launch, but for some reason we need to buy cosmetics because they didn’t bother making any to unlock.

In the current content drought of this game, with absolutely no agency over progression and still no crafting, you’d think they could make uniforms unlockable with the stupid grinding you’re forced to do to engage with the item circus. Its just disrespect piled on top of disrepect, but we need to think of those poor starving programmers making cosmetics and then paywalling them. Man if only they’d make actual content that adds to the game instead, or complete the game, or fix the game, or at least fix the online of their garbage McDonalds hotspot quality servers. Nope, we should be charging players more, despite VT2 not having an in game store for like a year (while it was also broken). After all its not like they didn’t cannibalize their own staff for the sake of having this working on launch and not 90% of the core features of the game. We’re made to believe these people are working with a bonus time budget that doesn’t lower the manpower on the base game either. Lol, you have to seriously be a child to believe that. Staffers were being paid to make this, instead of the game. Get that through your skull.

6 Likes

The issue is not that the skins exist. The issue is that all the free skins outside penances are literally reskins, while the earnable penance skins are in short supply and very similar in design. Almost every unique looking skin, as of now, is effectively locked behind a real money cash shop… I actually enjoy customizing my character’s appearance, so forgive me if this is an issue for me.

11 Likes

They need to add one or two of those sets to the in-game currency store and price them accordingly (for example 500k dockets for the full set) this would add some actual progression (since I’d have to win 30 Heresy matches to get enough dockets) and would alleviate the people’s gripes about the in game cosmetics store being a bunch of lazy recolours.

1 Like

For anyone wondering, there is even more:

https://imgur.io/a/dy6Db09

It’s painfully clear how FS sees their playerbase: walking piggy banks to be plundered.

This seems to be the priority in terms of funds and manpower as well. It wouldn’t surprise me if the amount of people working on paid cosmetics far outweigh the people working on free gameplay earnable ones or on bugfixes.

13 Likes

Utterly despicable.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

9 Likes

Yep, this is only the tip of the iceberg, and it’s also confirmed that they are selling hairstyles and hair colours! Remember how the character creator is absolutely atrocious, the face options are horrific, and the hair looks like pieces of straw? You have to pay for the luxury of hairstyles that “might” not look horrible, what fun!

An aspect of this I feel everyone is ignoring is that this is explicit confirmation that Fatshark has dozens of cosmetics that were fully designed, developed and implemented before the games launch, and they intentionally are holding back content from consumers who paid full price. The cosmetics used in the official marketing are also still not earnable in game.

You thought pre-order bonus’s were bad? Fatshark have cut out the entire visual progression system in order to force people to pay extra.

Microtransaction cosmetics should not exist at a games paid launch, giving the fans and customers who were willing to get their game for full price the worst experience.

But of course, companies have figured out that if they deliberately finish microtransactions before the launch, but then wait a month of two till they “release” them, they can deny culpability for sectioning of content.

10 Likes

I would not be surprised if they’re also selling face sliders or better faces. Make the ones that come with the game absolute garbage but sell the better faces.

4 Likes

A picture worth 39’600 Aquilas xD

I’ll leave this up as this has spread pretty far now, but in the future don’t post leaks to official channels.

Edit for clarification:
Don’t post, discuss, or redirect to alleged leaks on official channels. You have other platforms for this. Further posts will be locked and deleted.

2 Likes