Lawbringer special is rubbish

Wide fire mode is too situational IMO to be worth it. But if it added Flechette 8 bleed stacks, then I might consider it.

I’d be surprised if anyone chooses lvl 2 Flechette otherwise?

Bleed is bad for its primary purpose anyway (horde clear).

If the shotgun had more ammo, the special shot loaded a touch quicker, and the special shot had a little more cleave I think it’d be very fine. It’d really start popping off if you had the ammo to stack deathspitter then keep shooting, but you just don’t really have the ammo to justify that kind of ammo dump on trash with it.

1 Like

I was thinking maybe that it’d overlap with zealot crit on bleed target, and the Ogryns damage reduction when near bleeding targets.

Rather than loads of extra damage as it were.
But I’m not set on that idea. I just don’t get the purpose of the current spread. I don’t think I’d waste the ammo on hordes which is where it seems to be?

Yes which is why I pointed to ammo as a major issue. Dense horde clear I think is a fine utility secondary shot for it it just doesn’t currently have the ammo to really justify it.

1 Like

IMO, the wide shot should be the base shot type for the shotgun.
Would make it far more unique and useful. Add to that more reserve ammo or at the very least more ammo per pickup.

As for the special ammo… Perhaps a flare or some other utility shot?

Flechette is bad…
man stopper however…

That would downgrade the shotgun. Not buff it.

You would kill the Lawbringers ability to clear medium to long range targets for a bit of wave clear.

Shotguns are great right now because only a fraction of pellets need to hit to apply full damage. A straight horizontal line makes that alot harder.

2 Likes

It’d make it far more effective against crowds, if they buffed said spread shot a bit.

Also, not all shotguns perform the same purpose.
The Kantrael and Agrinipea or hwatever it’s called are prime examples of this.

Both are fantastic and stronk in their own right, but have a VERY different design logic in their spread, their damage per shot, their magazine/reserve sizes, their falloff and so on.

Special shell is fine, and ammo efficient. It needs higher base damage against poxwalkers and maybe +1 cleave. That is really all. You can kill like 36 groaners in 3-4 shots. If it could do the same to poxwalkers that would be excellent.

It does need more base ammo though, like all shotguns. If it had a higher ammo supply so i could use its buckshot more i would always run it over the Agripinaa pretty much.

Interesting.

I guess I’d programmed myself to use Shotgun on shooters (ADS) and then melee thereafter. To use it for horde clear, and to be fair, @alsozara also said this, still feels a bit foreign. But I will try it again in that role.

This is in no way intended as a plug, its just directly relevant. I made a tutorial on the lawbringer because its been on of my favorite weapons on zealot for quite a long time. I discuss the usage of the special shell at length. Its definitely the "weakest"of the special shells but it does come attached to the best basic shotgun in the game. I’d definitely prefer it got buffed a bit, it doesn’t have to be insanly good or anything, but its definitely too weak against walkers right now.

Watched for a bit :slight_smile:
Sounds like you pair it with a TH. I tend to run something quicker (I dodge primarily, rather than block) so that’s probably why I’ve never looked at it.

Will keep it in mind!

1 Like