Flechette is a bad idea as a blessing for shotguns and should be reworked

Lets try to kill 2 birds with one stone.

#1 the lawbringer shotgun operates in a very weird way - loading a “special shell” somehow changes the pattern of your shot - that makes zero sense

#2 A flechette round is a type of shell that is full of fin stabilized projectiles

PICS

It is REALLY weird, conceptually to have your buckshot magically change into flechettes on a crit - especially when you consider the new shotguns benefitting from this “blessing” given that the special is loading a specific shell… (slug… flechettes…what?)

I think the best solution is to throw flechette onto the lawbringer shotgun as a special “armor penetrating” option

1 Like

Crit bleed on shotguns is useless and exists really to only bloat the, oh here it comes bros I’m saying it again, :confetti_ball::open_hands::tada:to bloat the crafting system:tada::open_hands::confetti_ball:

Hope you have enough dockets and plasteel, cuz your next few hours replacing your terrible crit bleed shotty belong to Brunt and Hadron

5 Likes

The special ammo of the lawbringer should do bleeds by itself to start with, without the need of any blessing. I mean the special ammo should actually be flechette ammunition.

1. This is duckbill shot and its called the Lawbringer. Duckbill shot, while technically not real, is based on the duckbill pistol which is used for riot control. I like the lawbringer for this purpose. It just needs a buff.

Please do not try to turn the Lawbringer into a Agripinaa. We already have agripinaa at home. I just want more ammo and maybe +1 cleave and better infested damage on Lawbringer.

2 Likes

The Lawbringer being more better able to deal with more-spread hordes (Kantrael is already really good at deleting things in a narrow walkway). There’s plenty of areas where that would be very beneficial (the approach to the cargo elevator on Excise Vault, the Skylink and finale on Aegis Station, for example) and having the capacity to break down more than the front line a a horde with 1 shot would be awesome for it.

I’m not sure how bad it’s Infested damage is, but I don’t think it’s overall killing power (for every other enemy type) would need to change, but having the ability to lock down a bunch of enemies that are grouped deep (rather than broad) would be sweet

1 Like

Neither do i.

Its fine against groaners. It can pen 2 infested or groaners. It can kill 36 groaners in like 3-4 special shells. Poxwalkers take twice that number. So its much less useful. Its a crowd control tool so it should be effective against horde enemies but not everything. That’s how i see it.

its based around the duckbill choke

also, flechettes aren’t slugs. I’m not wanting to see it turned into the agripinaa.

1 Like

Given the way the slug performs in Darktide i’m not sure there’s much distinction, from a gameplay standpoint, was more my point. I am aware of the real life distinction between the two.

If kept as a blessing I think it would be fine. Just give the weapon more armor penetration as a whole. Would be a unique blessing, available on all 3, and would be more competitive against Death Spitter/Fire Frenzy and No Respote that is practically the only way to run shottys. I would love to see an option that makes them more optimal against tough targets, especially the Kantrael against Crushers.

Maybe to balance it it would only proc on crits or some other condition, but I would be fine with it just being a base blessing.

1 Like

flechettes are more equivalent to buckshot than a slug…

a slug is a single mass of lead, flechettes are a group of fin stabalized projectiles that are intended to pierce soft body armor.

There’s a bunch of options of what to replace flechette with that would be funner options.

Falter
+30-60% Target Stagger on Weak Spot Hit.

Charmed reload
+reloaded shells on crit

Shattering Impact
+1-4 Brittleness (Armoured Enemies) on direct projectile hit.

1 Like

I assume this will never be added unless for shottys it is specified that every pellet has to hit the same target, because imagine the lawbringer alt fire with shattering impact. Would be awesome though.

There is already a blessing for shotguns that requires you hit every pellet with the same target

Full Bore
+7.5-15% Power for 5 seconds when every pellet in a shot hits the same enemy.

I know. That’s why I’m saying if they added Shattering Impact to shottys they would probably add the same stipulation so you couldn’t apply it to a ton of enemies at once.

Well, keep in mind that any blessing you add to the lawbringer will be added to the other two as well.

I mean, I’m great with that happening

What if flechettes and mannstopper were merged for penetration and bleed on a crit. Combined with a buff to scattershot it could be somewhat viable.

Umik! Haven’t seen you on in a while!

Also, not a bad idea. Blessing really need to be looked at.

That depends a lot on design. There are scattershot flechettes and single shot flechettes and rifles that tried using flechettes etc. I wasn’t clear which you meant until later but it would be a high penetration single target spread of flechettes then that, essentially, is very similar to the slug in performance.

Unless youre thinking greater than 2 guys of cleave that the slug has.

I think you’re thinking of Sabots not flechettes