Launch gutted so many classes

hasnt been my experience , a few balance buffs and nerfs but everyone i play is still fine and i would say its closer to balanced than the last 2 beta’s , which characters do you think are broken and why?

1 Like

I’d say its less balanced. Before release, I saw all classes top the board at some point. Now? Siennas are controlling all damage and kills unless theres an exceptional dorf around to compete with them.

Before? I saw everyone do it because they could achieve it in their own way but not so much now.

havent noticed them doing above the grade, unless you count slave rat and total kills? but really who cares about that. its a fairly useless role clearing trash but it pads the stats.

yet again im led to say the scoreboard is a terrible idea and needs to go. people think score=use or performance.

That feel when you play saltz and nothing got nerfed and you are just the same as you were in beta pretty much the whole time.

1 Like

For all of the nerfs that some of the classes got, the enemies were weakened far more significantly, to the point where even after nerfs, most classes are performing about how they were before the release, some like sienna are performing a lot better, and no class is actually worthless or pointless because the enemies really aren’t that tough anymore.

2 Likes

This, I ran a vet match and was like, did I accidentally pick recruit?

Use BH active and you’ll feel a difference.

The only class that could possibly have been seen as mandatory in higher difficulties remains firm where it was. Meanwhile classes that were mediocre / balanced got gutted.

Iron Breaker is receiving the Waystalker treatment when?

You people are (excuse my language) little babby bitches. Huntsman ult still does more damage to bosses with shotgun than any other. Still clears waves. All classes previously viable on champ still are, you just dont have your crutch to lean on any more. Gitgud

1 Like

Champion now is old veteran. We kinda cleared it with level 13 BH in party.

Tested Huntsman + Blunderbuss yesterday, he still did substantial damage against bosses or emergency hordes. Significantly more damage than other classes were able to do in a similarly short time frame.

I guess your definition of “decent damage” is “trivialize game content”? You could just play on Recruit if you’re not actually looking for a challenge.

1 Like

I cant comment on WS since I chose to stick with the shade until im lvl 30. Shade however, feels still ok, even a bit easier if you consider that enemies in general seem to take less hits.

I have almost no experience with the huntsman. Never liked him even when he was op as hell. Always stuck to the footknight, so I wont be able to comment on this one.

As for Bounty Hunter. Ive near enough finished the campaign by myself with just bots, going from a level 5(then still witch hunter) to now 14 and I gotta say, he feels good. Seems to be just in the perfect spot atm. The rapier takes care of most trash mobs in a few easy swings. Specials/Elites are easy to take care of both with the pistols and the single shot crossbow(now a new favourite of mine) and the ultimate still feels very impactful. Sure, it got nerfed. Its still very useful tho. You can still 1 shot a chaos warrior. You can still thin out a horde of trash slaves if youre backed into a corner with no way out. Against bosses it still does dmg equivalent to some 1/10(or somewhere in that range) of their hp. Its not batshit op anymore but its still very impactful.

If anything, the witch hunter seems to be in the sweet spot now - where hes useful but his abilities and weapons arent no-brainers anymore and you actually gotta think and time your usage of them in a somewhat competent manner.

I noticed this too, yesterday. Played a round of champion with only 1 friend whos still relatively bad at the game and bots. Unsurprisingly they all died and I went through something like 66% of the map by myself. Barring the constant need to dodge packmasters, leeches and gutter runners, it felt considerably easier even when compared to champion with an entire pre-made team of friends before the patch.

Well deeds kinda compensate fot champion nerf, but i didnt play the game enought to know how often did they drop.

After 20 or so runs, I still havent found a single one. As such, Id assume theyre rather rare to get your hands on.

Played 4 maps with 2 of my friends on Vet mostly they got 1 deed each. I didnt get any. But one orange deed sounds fun. It’s more elites and if you downed you are dead.

I’ve tried the same on Veteran and it barely did anything. Longbow did more damage, so I think you may be smoking something that has you see things, lad.

I would say the Strongest Class in the game right now Is the Bounty Hunter with a Volley Crossbows Alternate Fire (3-shot) and No-Ammo cost every Blessed shot. (10s cd or after every Melee Kill)

It ALWAYS one shots Stormvermin, It can(it happens often) one-shot Chaos Warriors, And you can Destroy Bosses spamming it. This is all done on Champion Difficulty. So yes his Special ability became better for clearing smaller mobs like Chaos warriors and such, but thats a good change!!! no more one-shotting Bosses!

But until they nerf that triple Ammo on Volley i dont see any other Class beating him, so i’m sticking with him <3

we brought a 20 and 19 into legendary and almost beat a level. it’s kinda funny considering the 19 also ran off on his own and died and it didn’t really slow things down.

It didn’t become better. Are you delusional? It got worse. It can’t even clear garbage mobs effectively any more. It did its job better at literally everything before this nerf.

It doesn’t even hurt chaos warriors any more.

It never one shot bosses. It chunked them. And in order to maximize the damage it did to them, you had to be specific about where you were and how you placed the shot. Nerfing an active ability to the point where it is no more impactful than a single alt-attack of your ranged weapon is not a good change. There is nothing satisfying, impactful, or useful from using your active any more.

Yes, let’s keep promoting nerfs until this game is even worse. There are other careers who can do just as well if not better. cough Sienna cough