Lacking promised class depth

So the devs stated that the class system would be different from the Vermintide 2 careers system and that there would be more depth and customization.

Am I missing something? Besides allowing more weapon use overlap between classes there seems to be absolutely no difference between careers and classes with no additional depth.

Have the devs give any explanation on how/why they have come up so short of their promises?

10 Likes

You don’t miss anything. They dropped the ball, probably tried to chew more than they could (development time) and had to resort to make fast-as-much-copy-paste-from-Vertminde2 classes as fast as possible before launch. The fact that we only got 4 classes on top of that even their UI is incorrect, talents are bugged and most important: most talent as straight up filler garbage proves that it was some “last minute” decision to slap few classes together to have anything at launch.

8 Likes

Pretty much this. I also remember a trailer of the game alluding to subclasses with. They quickly burried that one under the rug.

3 Likes

Busted talents for launch was the same timetable for Vermintide 2 as well. It may be awhile before everything works as described in the tooltips.

1 Like

Eh, wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if this was just some suit who’s bonus is tied to a holiday release putting their foot down to push anything out.

As always, the 30th is nearly here. Going to see what the full release brings. After the closed beta my buddy said something to the effect of “there’s a great game in there somewhere, it just isn’t this.”

VT2 has had it’s ups and downs too. Time to wait and see.

2 Likes

I really want them to describe how they think the class system is any different than the careers in vermintide 2. On the original reveal of the classes in darktide they said they promised that they are far different and allow for more indepth changes but from what we’ve seen, they are a straight up 1:1 clone of the vermintide 2 careers, which is fine honestly, they just need to say that and not be dishonest with the community

2 Likes

And even things like the Curios really don’t provide much playstyle diversity as well. It’s all just stat manipulation

1 Like