Lack of communication

Videogame development and support has changed throughout the years, cant compare old games anymore to todays standards. Not to mention the vast amount of singleplayer games that were produced back then and its also the singleplayer produced today that dont need any input from players and where the vision of the developer can flourish.

But we are in an era of multiplayer and life-service games that need constant support for years. Singleplayer games usually do not need that at all.

The Sister situation is an assumption at most. The leak happened already way into the development and there is no reason to think that Fatshark made any development choices based on player outrage. The evidence we have for that are the balance issues of weapons that werent leaked at all.

Playtesting also doesnt matter when there is no actual feedback, so its the feedback that matters. Informations given by the community to the developer to make the game better. So to say that informations given from the dev to the community doesnt matter is a flawed argument, because we have already more than enough evidence that devs put out flawed games because they do not understand what the community wants.

Dude please stop it.

Now you talk about Feedback, but your post was about “Lack of Communication” not Feedback. Naturally there is Feedback, that is what i wrote. Yes my English is not the best but you can get the point.
I wrote, Playtest, shape after. So this comes with Fedback of course. But what you were writing is that Lack of Communication makes a bad Game.

And yes Industry has changed, i wrote that also. But still doesnt matter, you can do this without “Lack of Communication” also.
But your Point was Lack of Communication before a Playtest, release. So again it doesnt matter before and only does when the Game is out, or there is a Playtest.
Have you watched the Gameplay, what was it 2 months ago. Dont know how you can call that “Lack of Communication”. Its Raw Gameplay
If anyones Kid, Girlfriend, Boyfriend or whatever writes you a SMS with just a picture i dont call that Lack of Communication either!

Doesnt matter if its Singlelpayer or not, its a Game with Rules. You can F…k up Singleplayer, Multiplayer regardeless.
You have Story/ Gameplay/ Graphics/ Sound in every Game, soo

And stop going for my Post “trying” to undermine because you cant. You just write what i already did and try to make it your argument when i already wrote it down ^^

1 Like

I am using feedback as an example of how important it is to speak with each other. You do realize that feedback wasnt needed nor wanted back in the day either? Developers just made games and customers played them, sometimes even buggy games because patches werent really a thing.

I never actually said that “Lack of communication makes a bad game”, i said that communication would decrease the chance of releasing a bad game. Thank you for showing that you actually did not understand what i meant at all.

I dont even need to undermine you because you are literally saying that informations given to the developer for making a better game is needed but informations given by the developer to the customer is not. What kind of logic is that?

Want to have an example of what a communicative developer is like? Right now Paradox is working on the next dlc for the 9 year old and still successful game Europa Universalis 4 and every week they are presenting parts of that update to the community and ask for feedback. Every week. They are sharing informations about what they are working on and the community can properly react to it.

Seriously, learn something about videogames.

Your first mistake was pre-ordering.

A delay was a predictible thing, the demo had some minor isues but crashes won’t fly well out there, they have to work hard to prevent these from happening often.

When it comes to FrontSpank its better to have a box of forgiveness near, they deliver top quality content and gameplay but coding is hard and it takes a long time, there will be bugs and crashes even after the delay.
I don’t think you should give up on the game, but i want you to set your expectations realistically.
They are slow, its going to crash.