Kruber Halberd Legend Breakpoints

I’m not saying that 20% attack speed is bad.
For me it’s unnecessary and I’d rather have more utility such as shorter cooldowns.

Yeah, I just edited to say as such, I depend on hunters respite to meet that hybrid melee/ranged role with huntsman on legend, it basically saves you a free hit every time you use it. Using the shove n’ slash method though I’d almost want stam regen over crit to sustain. If you had +2 stam on necklace it might feel more sustainable, but I don’t have that on my 20% health roll yet.

Keep in mind that when running 2 grims that +20% becomes +12hp on 100 base. Good, but arguable if the best option.

Stam and push angle would be the only other ideal option. In legend every little bit of not die helps.

Do you clear legend regularly? This may be true on Champ and below, but on legend I would say 80% of my halberd usage is LMB1 → block reset and push → stab stab SV/CW.

Halberd is so good because it has great push distance, easy headshot with push combo, and has okay horde clearance w/ first LMB. Attack speed shines when you basically can spam left click (for things like executioner sword whose LMB is all sweeps swift slaying makes sense)

If you’re running a skaven+armor charm as huntsman, I’d take crit chance and either stamina or attack speed.

But on merc or knight, I would probably take a chaos+infantry charm and a chaos+crit chance halberd, just to meet the breakpoints of killing both more chaos fanatics and clanrats in one hit. This setup will also let you one bodyshot chaos sorcerors with the handgun if you have full chaos+infantry on your handgun.

Yes, I clear legend with pugs all the time, I use that strategy as well but I spam a lot unless it gets too crowded. Plus spam is highly effective on heavies. IMO time spent not attacking is time spent not killing. With Swift Slaying by the time you get your block reset I’ve dodged back and thrown 2 more attacks and am throwing the next swipe with similar time to a block reset. Ideally iron breaker is still pulling most aggro allowing you to cut the horde from another angle.

Confirmed that +16% is pushing SV.

I’m sympathetic to Swift Slaying as Halberd on speed pot spam was my fondest activity in the closed beta. However, all else being equal I really must prioritize other things on the Knight. For the Merc the calculus is different because of innate crit and cleave

Without Swift Slaying the Knight is his own tank. With the Halberd he has killing power. Personally I prefer being able to solo. This also means taking stam regen on gear. Therefore, his crit chance will be impractical for meaningful Swift Slaying

Repeater is now even better; Chaos mages are nothing since their beefiness was nerfed.

Also, I don’t fear Chaos very much on the Knight, even hordes and patrols, though of course CW patrols can be sketchy. SV, on the other hand, can come in groups everywhere, and I’m a tank because I want to be able to charge into enemies. I don’t want to run away and poke at them from range

On huntsman, resourceful combatant is a must. During times when specials spawn during hordes, being able to have ulti up more common to disengage from the horde to get an unmolested shot on the special is crucial. Your job as huntsman isn’t primarily horde waveclear (altho w halberd you’re still decent at it).

Back to mercenary, which I have over 150h. Try out resourceful combatant. You’ll be thankful you did. Being able to save someone grabbed by pack master or jumped by assassin mid horde fight is crucial. With RC and krubers high crit, you can ulti two times a horde…

I agree. I play a lot of merc in legend myself and RC is the way to go. The only thing im still a bit undecided on whether it makes more sense to run curse res/cd or curse res/crit trinket. I’m more leaning towards crit, because it helps even, if your ult is fully charged and higher crit chance means more RC proccs.

I would go back to playing Merc if repeater wasn’t so garbage.

This spreadsheet should have the breakpoints for all the melee weapons. Might be of use.

1 Like

I’ve been doing crit more because it’s both offensive and defensive (proccing RC more) where cdr is strictly defensive.

Also w the crit trinket and 5% on my red repeater handgun and +10% to monsters w scrounger I have significant safe boss damage (a merc weakpoint) and refund a surprising amount of ammo (can usually almost double or triple my effective ammo over the mini boss fight)