KNOWN ISSUE: Poor Performance After Patch

We are aware of and working on the poor performance being reported after the latest patch.

In the mean time, switching to the experimental build should resolve this.

Instructions on how to switch to the experimental build can be seen below, and you can opt out at any time by deselecting the build within the dropdown.

Please bear in mind that this is experimental! This means certain aspects of Darktide, such as player portraits, may be missing.

EXPERIMENTAL BUILD:

1. Open the Steam client
  2. Right-click Darktide in your Steam library
  3. Select ā€˜Propertiesā€™
  4. Select ā€˜Betasā€™
  5. Enter the password cTYPtKTsfMDsLHAV
  6. Select ā€˜Check Codeā€™
  7. Select the ā€˜Noneā€™ dropdown, and experimental - Experimental Builds should now be within the list
  8. Select experimental - Experimental Builds
  9. Close the pop-up window
  10. A download should now start
  11. Play!

3 Likes

it helps a lot with the latest patch. what is the secret sauce?

After the latest patch (patch #13 aka class rework) my performance heavily tankedā€¦

I am unsure how this happened but I dropped around 20-45fps overall, I was at a nice stable 120-140+ fps during missions and occasionally dropped in the low 90s.
Since Patch #13 I barely manage to get 90-100 fps in a mission and drop down to low 70s or even mid 60s, which makes no sense in my book since my drivers are all freshly installed via DDU.

There are no Overclocks or anything going on, nothing is overheating (GPU barely reaching 60C and CPU is at a nice 40-55C).

Things I tried:
Rolled back drivers/tested multiple different ones (537.42 , 536.99 , 536.40 , 535.98).
Reinstalled the game, which did absolutely nothing.
Removed all mods, also did nothing.
Manually updated DLSS from 3.1 to 3.5 (talking about the DLL), which sadly also did nothing.
Turned all settings to low which only gave around 10-15FPS (the visual downgrade is not worth it).
Tried all DLSS options from Quality to Ultra Performance, and TBH anything below the Quality preset does not look good.

Specs:
i9 12900k
64GB Ram
RTX3090 (also tested on a RTX 3080ti since they are not far apart)
6TB M.2 Gen4 and 5 SSDs
1440p 144hz Monitor (also tested at 1080p and 4k, with no FPS change at 1080p and 4k was lower which makes sense.)

Iā€™m mostly wondering if I am the only person who has less performance, I saw people in the discord saying their performance went upā€¦

So if anyone has any idea what else I could try Iā€™d greatly appreciate any suggestions!

2 Likes

im on a rtx3060 and my frames are like 20fps
tried turning on vsync and dropped my graohics quality to ā€˜Lowā€™ and still runs awfully with frame drops

2 Likes

i changed an ingame setting to ultra performance and i get 120 frames on low graphics setting so i shall play like this until they release an optimisation patch

1 Like

@Fasel same here. My system is mostly AMD and I have the same issues. Game used to run smooth at 75fps at 1440p. Now it dips and dives all over the place, 30fps to 70fps, then down to 20fps, then hangs at 50fps before bouncing around again. I too have tried different resolutions and graphic settings and nothing really changes. I have found some stability with vsync off, unlimited fps, and enabled ā€œenhanced syncā€ in adrenaline. Sorry if the AMD jargon is not helpful :sweat_smile:
R5 3600
32BG RAM
6650XT
1TB M.2
1440p 75hz Monitor (w/ FreeSync)

1 Like

Running experimental build

Have recently gotten performance issues after patch.

Easily ran with fps in the 90 range +/-10.

Now Iā€™m in the 40 range.

AMD 5900x
AMD Radeon 6800XT
32 GBs RAM

1 Like

my performace was top notch when the patch drop, but, the hotfix halved my fps and made it stutters like hellā€¦
on the outdoors maps its even worse!

2 Likes

just to update, on my 4080/5800x3d/32gb ddr4, made little to no difference switching to the experimental build.
Open world maps, like Excise vault i have 70fps drops, while having inconsistence fps across the board in every maps, happen since the Hotfix!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, even tho Experimental build is selected (and even says after the name of the game EXPERIMENTAL BUILD on steam library), nothing was downloaded.

3 Likes

Yep same here! Before the update I had 70+ fps 1440p now it goes down to 30 with bad stuttersā€¦

Cā€™mon Phatshark fix this!!!

2 Likes

Maybe with the anniversary update weā€™ll see some improvements.

Bad performance here too.
Average frames has dropped a little, but the real problem is the frae pacing is all messed up. So even though Iā€™m getting 80 - 90 FPS, it feels more like 30 because itā€™s all jumpy and unstable.

5 Likes

Horrible performance still on PC and Xbox after recent updates.

2 Likes

okay so, I managed to somehow get rid of most of my performance issues it still drops during hordes but I stay at mostly 85-95 during hordes and around 120+ during normal running around.

I am pretty sure tho that the fix only helps for intel 12th gen and aboveā€¦

System:
i9 12900k
64gb DDR5
rtx 3090

I set the affinity for the game to only the performance cores, how you may ask?

Step 1:
open the darktide launcher

Step 2:
Open task manager and press the little drop down arrow on the Darktide Launcher

Step 3:
Right click ā€œLauncher for Warhammer 40000 Darktideā€ and go to details
image_2023-11-28_084942412

Step 4:
Right click on the Highlighted Launcher.exe and set the affinity from core 0-15

image_2023-11-28_085206685

Step 5:
press okay and also set priority if needed, if not then just start your game.

Important note:
you will have to do this each time you start the game!
you could technically use third party software to permanently set the affinity but I donā€™t really like thatā€¦

I am unsure if this will help everyone with intel chips, for me it helped a $h1t ton and gave me around 30 fps back!

I purchased this game on November 19th 2023. Itā€™s now coming to almost a week after the Part 2 update and still no word from FS prioritizing the health of the game.

I have not been able to play this game since I bought it.

I cannot even @mention support or the dev team. What is going on??? Every solution I tried has NOT worked:

1. Thread count change
  2. Minimum settings
  3. Recommended settings
  4. Graphics txt file edit
  5. Validation of game files
  6. Reinstallation
  7. DLSS On/Off
  8. No image processing methods
  9. Driver updates
  10. Game booster
  11. System-wide defragmentation including the game itself
  12. Running safe-mode on startup
  13. Running compatibility mode
  14. Providing admin privileges
  15. Installing the game on both an SSD and HDD
  16. Contacting my Cloud Service Provider for help only for them themselves to conclude the game is unstable and my internet speeds are consistently <25ms
  17. Checking for memory leaks (there were none)
  18. Fullscreen/Borderless fullscreen/Windowed
  19. Using the Beta key provided on the forum that they said would work but doesnā€™t
  20. Reassigning process priority in Task manager to Realtime, High, Normal and Low

So as you can see, the time I could have spent playing the game was and is wasted on me trying to fix a massive problem which shouldnā€™t be here.

I have owned a game I cannot play for 23 days and counting. Thanks Fat Shark.

2 Likes

For me it seemed to get better for a little while, but for the last couple of weeks itā€™s almost unplayable at times.

I keep moving in weird directions, get massive frame rate drop during hordes and itā€™s just ruining the whole game for me.

It was running perfect for so long since release, and Iā€™ve kept playing all this time even when the game had a bad rep. Now Iā€™m seriously losing patience as this is just not fun at the moment.

6 Likes

Rolled back my GPU drivers (utilizing Radeon 23.11.1, instead of 23.12.1) and my performance woes have disappeared. I believe I posted the issue here elsewhere, but also submitted a bug report to AMD via their Bug Reporting Tool.

I am having this issue which just has gotten worse to the point where I cannot play anymore. My PC is well up to spec and do not have issues running other games. I have lost track of all the things I have tried to fix the issue. Please look into this Fatshark/devs

If it helps anyone else with the stuttering on the latest AMD drivers, try enabling performance mode in the Gaming experience section on the AMD software.
it helped me go from ~45fps with drops down to ~25 back up to ~60 fps with dips around 45.
not perfect, but playable.

1 Like