KNOWN ISSUE: Loadouts Not Working Correctly

We are aware of an issue with loadouts not working correctly since Patch #12 Into the Maelstrum.

Existing reports may be merged here, to help us keep track of the issues being reported.

2 Likes

Issue Description:
Switching between loadouts on my Preacher always forces me back to the same one and doesnā€™t switch. I even tried deleting all my loadouts and recreating them but itā€™s still bugged even on new ones.

Steps to Reproduce:
Open loadout screen and change load out. When joining a mission go to war gear, switch around, then esc back, play mission. Once out of mission try to change load-out again, itā€™s stuck, maybe one-off idk.

Mission Name (If Applicable):
N/A

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]
MS

Player ID:
UnderLoK

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
10:00AM ET

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)

100% unable to switch between loadouts

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
[Instructions: How To Provide a Crash Report, Console Log, or darktide_launcher.log]
Belowā€¦
console-2023-08-08-13.59.35-3a49892c-3298-401c-88a0-33d804a765bd.log (485.8 KB)
console-2023-08-08-15.20.44-94bf50ad-c2aa-4e2c-9c2d-9379e3fe9737.log (222.7 KB)
darktide_launcher.log (91.8 KB)

5 Likes

Having this same bug. It is happening on my Preacher. I am able to swap out weapons, cosmetics, and feats on this loadout but I am unable to change to another loadout. I have tried swapping to another character and back again as well as restarting my game. I have different cosmetics for each loadout so I can confirm that even in the Mourningstar it does not swap to any of the other loadouts I have selected. It acts as though I am stuck with this one loadout.

2 Likes

For me itā€™s only last loadout that is bugged. The game doesnā€™t allow me to switch into that.

Same here. Loadouts is constantly being tied back to my original first loadout that I have

1 Like

Same issues. Also, my curios are showing a ā€œghostā€ curio that Iā€™ve vendored but it keeps reappearing equipped. Unequips one of my chosen curios for the ghost one.

Issue Description:
The game does not switch between preset loadouts. In the inventory menu the loadout changes accordingly, however it does not change the character model or weapons in the hub, psykhanium , or missions.
I am currently stuck on the most recently selected loadout on all my characters. I am able to change the entire loadout manually one piece at a time.

Steps to Reproduce:
Launch Darktide and choose a character.

Mission Name (If Applicable):
N/A

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]

Player ID:
n8y

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
11:00 PT

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
100%, even after verifying game files and updating.

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]
screenshots in order: current loadout, changing loadout in inventory, after visibly no change in loadout
Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
[Instructions: How To Provide a Crash Report, Console Log, or darktide_launcher.log]
console-2023-08-08-18.29.51-459dcaec-82ea-4e6f-8446-1e4a40c2653d.log (110.2 KB)

4 Likes

in the meantime I am going to manually change the loadout the game is stuck onā€¦ ( Ķ Ā° ĶŸŹ– Ķ Ā°)

Yes I have this same bug as well.

1 Like

Can confirm. Came here to report this same bug.

2 Likes

sorry to hear that friend

1 Like

thank you for confirming :v:

1 Like

Same/similar bug. I have 5 loadouts, and I can only switch between 2 of them, oddly enough. The rest are just ā€œignoredā€ by the game.

Only experienced it on my Vet. Sharpshooter yet.
I donā€™t have the issue on my Preacher (3 loadouts), nor on my Ogryn (3 loadouts)

My Vet. was my first character that I created, and at the bottom of the char-list.

Issue persists after latest hotfix.

2 Likes

Same bug but I have discovered not only possibly a root cause, but also a workaround.

3 of my vet builds would load fine and the other 2 would not much like other posters here.

The 2 builds that were ā€˜deadā€™ I noticed had different curioā€™s were as the other 3 builds used the same. Confirmed this was the issue by matching the 2 dead builds curios to the 3 other builds and now they work fine and I could even change the curios back to the original different loadout and they still work fine.

Somehow curios are the issue. And the reason a lot of people probably donā€™t experience the issue is that I think most players run the same 3 curios on all 5 builds if they even use multiple builds. Not everyone does.

1 Like

I typically donā€™t come on to forums to simply complain about a known issue but seriously ā€¦ HOW ?!

Additionally, HOW!? do you subsequently release a patch ā€¦ that DOES NOT FIX this?!

Unfortunately a fix didnā€™t make it into the latest patch, but it should be resolved in the next update!

Apologies all for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Not quite sure whats going on behind the scenes but I noticed that it started with just my Ogryn being unable to switch from loadout to loadout, but now my Preacher has begun to do the same as well. Saw that it might be the Curios causing the problem, so after I homogenized them for the Og I tried again, to no avail. I will be waiting until the patch is employed to continue playing.

Iā€™m shocked that a reply made it here, so thank you for that at least. But said reply isnā€™t an answer to the initial post. A statement of fact that this issue which again (HOW?!) isnā€™t solved is obvious.

Iā€™m not trying to beat a dead horse here but the collective ball dropping on your side of things is insane. The loadouts were fine for most of the time, save maybe a hiccup at their early introduction, but they were fine.

I will also go on to state the obvious, the remaining player pool , albeit a puddle now as time goes on, are struggling to find reasons to stay. My penances are near completely dried and my hours played speak for themselves for my willingness to stay on and keep giving you lot and the game (i actually do love playing) a chance.

The new game mode looks pretty neat and the one game I was able to play offered a fair and refreshing challenge that did rejuvenate my desire to put in even more hours. But being more or less locked into my last loadout is making playing on the higher difficulties impossible, given Iā€™m currently trapped in a speed build just to knock off contracts. My issue either way ā€¦

So again, HOW!? Not just initially how does this break. But HOW?! after being shown it to be an issue, is it not part of an immediate patch?
And lastly HOW?! is their no urgency in fixing something that pretty basic ā€¦ pick your items ā€¦

This is shameful and embarassing