KNOWN ISSUE: Cursor Stuck on Screen

Issue Description:
When game is launched, mouse cursor constantly appears in the middle of the screen. This went away for exactly 1 session, but then as soon as I tried to switch characters it reappeared and now will not go away.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Launch game

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
SGRGC

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
11/17/2022 (Also occurred during previous beta test)

Reproduction Rate:
Constant, 100%

Console Log:
console-2022-11-17-22.38.28-b5c41331-8850-4313-b1bd-6d47924bec75.log (58.8 KB)

User Settings:
user_settings.config (3.0 KB)

For such a minor thing, it makes the game completely unplayable

Itā€™s definitely not, I have the same issue (also existed in beta and apparently hasnā€™t been fixed) and it occured immediately on starting to play with a new character, when chat isnā€™t even available.

Changing window mode/overlays does not fix it. Canā€™t find a way to open console and try that.

2 Likes

Had this same issue on the closed beta, have it now.

Extremely disappointed.

I am having this same issue. It is maddening, I find it annoying to even play.

Issue Description:
My cursor is visible even when not in menus.

Crash Report (If Applicable): N/A
[Please see instructions on how to provide a crash report in the pinned Topic]

Error Displayed (If Applicable): N/A

Steps to Reproduce:

I donā€™t have to take any steps to reproduce it. It is always there, the cursor moves around for a few frames before centering itself again.

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
[Steam]

Player ID:
[Wil Smifth]

[11/17/2022, 8:00pm EST]

Reproduction Rate:
Constant, 100%
console-2022-11-17-19.07.08-8b0547be-b376-4fd7-aaeb-a0462c5370d2.log (416.4 KB)
user_settings.config (3.1 KB)

EDIT:
this is not a fix but i was able to get the mouse out of the center of the screen by pressing enter to open up chat and pressing backspace or esc until it isnā€™t centered. This is bizarre. The cursor is still on the screen, but it can move all around the screen instead of being in the center which is a lot less distracting

Also happening to me. I tried countless things to fix it and nothing works, usually good at fixing issues in games too. Makes playing extremely unenjoyable/hard to concentrate in general and sights impossible to use really. Needs a fix badly.

This is also happening to me. I had the same issue in the beta and itā€™s still happening now. Very demoralizing.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, what mouse and video card is everyone using? Iā€™ve got a Razer Naga Trinity mouse and a RTX 1660 card

Logitech Pro X Superlight mouse, Razer Huntsman V2 Analog, and Iā€™m running on a 3080ti and a 10700k

Was a bug 2 months ago in the first beta, and still not fixed yet. 3070ti and 8600k

1 Like

Persistent from time I had on Closed beta with mouse showing on the screen.

Multiple monitor setup; curosr will hide when in a chat window but returns directly after.

User Settings:

Console Hub:
console-2022-11-18-08.38.40-b675a2a7-2526-4e8c-8729-7a1d55927547.log (120.8 KB)

Issue Description:
Mouse cursor is stuck on-screen in the hub and in missions. The mouse cursor can be UNSTUCK by hitting enter to bring up the chat and clicking on the field that you enter text. You can get the mouse cursor Stuck again by hitting enter to open the chat box and hitting enter again to close it.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Launch the game and enter the hub or play any mission
  2. Observe the mouse cursor stuck in the center of the screen
  3. Hit ENTER on your keyboard to open the chat box
  4. Click, with your mouse cursor, on the field where your message populates
  5. Observe the mouse cursor is no longer stuck at the CENTER of the screen, but is still on screen and moves around as you pan the camera. >This works both in-mission and at the hub(Morningstar)
  6. Hit ENTER on your keyboard, then hit ENTER again on your keyboard.
  7. Observe the mouse cursor is now stuck in the center of your screen yet again

Platform:
[Steam]

Player ID:
[Remmy]

[11/18/2022, 9:00am CST]

Reproduction Rate:
Constant, 100% > Small workaround to unstuck from center provided in the reproduction steps

Is it possible to just make the cursor invisible? Ya know turn off the texture to it

Issue Description
Mouse cursor stuck on screen, when itā€™s not supposed to be visible (third person in the hub, middle of the crosshairs in first person) I had the same problem in the closed beta.

Steps to reproduce:
Constant. Everytime I play.

Platform
Steam

Player ID
NeroIML on Steam

Approx. time of issue & timezone:
First appeared was during the closed beta some weeks ago. This time it first appeared around 8PM CET on Thursday 17-11 when the open beta was released and I had installed it. By now Iā€™ve played close to 7 hours and itā€™s always happened.

Reproduction rate:
Constant/whenever Iā€™m not in the menu or the game is starting (and the cursor is used)

Upload supporting evidence:
Had to photograph the screen since the screenshot doesnā€™t show the cursor.
One pic from a recent session

One pic from the earlier beta

console-2022-11-18-23.15.38-948c1255-674f-4d0b-baa6-3d1f15401924.log (58.0 KB)

Had this problem in 1st beta and now as well. I can move the cursor when I hit enter to go to chat. but when I hit enter again it snaps back to center. 2060 Super, Ryzen 3700X

Got the same problem. RTX 2080ti, i7-8700k ocā€™d to 5GHz, Logitech G502 mouse. Still havenā€™t been able to find some sort of workaround.

Issue Description:
Cursor always stuck to the middle of the screen.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Always occurs when in hub or mission, when loading transitions the cursor will stick to the middle of the screen before the black transition.

Platform:
[Steam]

Player ID:
[Craigary2]

[11/17/2022, 12:30am EST]

Reproduction Rate:
Constant, 100%
Upload Supporting Evidence:
PrntScrn, snip, and screenshot via steam do not show the cursor. Same as others in thread though.

Log:
console-2022-11-18-05.52.18-1369268d-d301-428b-a32d-a7897d16b1e3.log (21.7 KB)

Config:

I have tried downloading the newest vcredist, no change, my graphics drivers are up to date, tried moving game to SSD rather than HDD, no change, files verify without issue. Cursor cannot be removed, enter for chat and backspace allows it to fly across the screen but not disappear.
CPU: Ryzen 3500X GPU: RX6600

This is absolutely not the case: in my experience it is active from the start of the game as soon as youā€™d normally transition to any ā€œcursorlessā€ part of the game.
Also for me it is the in game cursor unlike the video provided by Aztecc27.

Then I run a dual monitor setup wich might have something to do with it. when I am on my second screen there is no cursor only when i transition to the main screen is the bug present. (but only when darktide as an application is ā€œselectedā€) or in other words not when I move the cursor back to the monitor that darktide is running on.

Furthermore opening chat does move the cursor to where you left it, but when chat is closed the cursor pops right back to the center

i only found out how cursor stuck on sreen but it like 50/50, it can happen if you go into the stor buying weopon and change your charater close and weapons, itā€™s super annoying and un unplayable for me because i have 2 Monitors.

just let you know i not super angry because itā€™s a beta, i wan this game be good

I have the same problem; the mouse cursor is always visible. Usually it is more or less pinned to the crosshair and the game is playable.

I run PC/Steam, 9700k/1080Ti, 3 monitors, Darktide is only playing on the middle monitor. Sometimes the mouse cursor gets loose, is no longer pinned to the crosshair, and confines itself to the middle monitor; game is playable.

Sometimes however the mouse cursor gets loose and can move off the side of the main display onto the left or right display. This is a game-breaking bug; game is not playable and the only fix I have found is quit out and restart.

Thanks!

My mouse cursor appeared during gameplay and when i would aim towards my second monitor it would put the game into the background when i click there