KNOWN ISSUE: All Missions on difficulty 4 and 5 showing 'Endless Horde' modifier

i’m pretty sure the Bug was introduced in 1.0.13, at least that it not only showed endless horde but indeed was endless horde on every mission. Before that I ran dif 4 just fine, after that it was a struggle with noticeably more enemies. Just tested after 1.0.14 went live and it’s still bugged.

It was in the game since second closed beta.

2 Likes

I don’t think this is just a UI Bug. I’ve played lower horde intensity missions on Heresy and they’re a cake walk, whereas the “UI Bugged” missions leave me feeling like the evening after I did a colonoscopy prep.

2 Likes

!!!THIS IS NOT A UI BUG!
Fatshark doesn’t understand the game design of their own game!!!???
TWO MONSTERS PER MISSION MEANS IT IS 100% HIGH INTENSITY MODIFIER!

1 Like

It’s easier to run lvl 5 with low intensity than a lvl 4 “without modifiers” currently.

I mean…

1 Like

at this point its easier to play lvl 5 , heresy is bugged

@FatsharkQuickpaw @FatsharkAlan @FatsharkLev @FatsharkJulia @Fatshark_MAI @Fatshark_Hedge - calling you out, so we don’t get another “this is the first time we heard of this” post.

Everything in t4 is endless hoards regardless if it says it or not. Upon entering mission it states ‘endless hoards’ when hitting tab

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Play Chasm Logistratum as Ogryn (Skullbreaker)
  2. Navigate to the medical station before Burnside
  3. Crouch-slide into the dumpster next to the blue and white Tertium sign
  4. Get stuck

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[MM/DD/YYYY, 00:00AM/PM] [TIMEZONE]

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here

T4 missions are still giving endless hoards regardless of what they say at the mission screen

please fix on next patch

No,no, you are wrong. FS officially said it’s just an UI bug, and being an UI bug it’s surely not a priority. They need to stay on top of the cash shop my dude.

@Fatshark_Hedge

Forget your damn cash shop.

CAN YOU PLEASE PLAY YOUR OWN GAME 2MIN IN T4 AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE BUG IS REAL AND LITTERALY LOCKING AWAY PLAYERS FROM PROGRESSING PAST T3 ???

THIS TAKES UTMOST PRIORITY.

Thank you.

2 Likes

ALL heresy missions are stuck on high intensity! EVEN if the mission chooser thingy says that other modifiers are applied! or that the mission is standard Heresy

Any time you select a heresy mission on quick play , It will automatically make the mission Heresy with High Intensity, every single time, even if there’s a select mission that’s the same but without High Intensity

Either the percentage chance of it happening is stuck on 95% or something else is going on as its been happening the last 6 days

1 Like

yup nobody is playing heresy because of this. (but my friend always takes me to it)

1 Like

No! I am NOT talking about a UI bug!
FatShark this bug has been active since pre-launch Beta! Please acknowledge, this is a SERIOUS ISSUE!
Two Monstrosities in a mission means High Intensity is enabled even when it shouldn’t!
The fact there’s more enemies spawning than on Damnation should clue you in, too!
You MUST fix this bug, you are leaking players left and right because people have outgrown Malice but Heresy is unplayable!

I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A UI BUG! MISSIONS NOT MARKED WITH HIGH INTENSITY ARE BEING MODIFIED WITH HIGH INTENSITY!

Region: US East. Maybe it’s not bugged in other regions but it is bugged in America!
You MUST fix this! Wake up!

1 Like

Dude, @FatsharkQuickpaw already told us this is strictly a UI bug. Chill out. Stop being toxic. Don’t make this political. It doesn’t fit the setting bro.

Which probably explains the current state of this game with a whole studio in complete denial.

But what to expect really? 4 patches already and they’re still not even able to nail the game menus right for f**** sakes.

TESTING IS AN ACTUAL JOB YOU KNOW FS. IT SHOULDN’T BE BYPASSED OR DONE HALF ASSEDLY.

This is definitely both a UI bug and a modifier bug.

I’ve played Heresy missions that felt “normal” and displayed the “high intensity” modifier, so there’s definitely cases where the spawning is working correctly.

But then there’s missions where you get that modifier in the tab menu (but not in the mission select) and the spawns are ridiculous. Like massive hordes that never stop, constant special spawns with practically no downtime between them (you kill one and it’s instantly replaced by some other special), entire squads of shooters spawning around corners, multiple mauler and rager squads of 4+ dudes spawning in the middle of fights and back to back boss spawns (like literally clear a boss, walk into the next room and get another one).

1 Like

All lvl 4 missons that doesnt show any Horde modifier on the select screen, after you enter said mission, will be a endless horde one. This is happening since launch basically and its pretty anoying. It feel like this is on purpouse just to hold back players progression since the game dont have all its features.

Prof of the “bug” : Heresy Hord Modifier Bug - YouTube

1 Like

Can confirm bug is still there, can’t tell if that increases your hazards environment score penances.