[Kickback] The blessing Expansive only applies for the first heavy melee strike

Issue Description:
The Blessing Expansive is expected (from what i understand) to apply for all melee strikes within the next 4 seconds after the blessing conditions have been met.

However after the blessing has been activated by hitting 3+ targets with the Lorenz Mk V Kickback the additional +X% Melee Power only applies for the first melee strike after the the blessing is activated.

Note that the blessing does not apply for any light melee strikes.
This has been tested with the Krourk Mk VI Cleaver, Achlys Mk I Power Maul and Bull Butcher Mk III Cleaver. Further testing on more melee weapons seemed unnecessary at this point.

Sidenote:
The Blessing description has some spacing errors.
There should be a space between “+X%” and “Melee”, and there shouldn’t be two spaces between “for” and “4s”. See attached screenshot for visual confirmation.
Blessing_Description_Spacing

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Enter the Psychadium as the Orgyn Skullcrusher
  2. Equip a Lorenz Mk V Kickback with the blessing Expansive
  3. Shoot a minimum of three enemies with the Kickback so that you activate the blessing Expansive
  4. Hit a target of choice with chained light attacks and note down the damage from each hit.
  5. Hit a target of choice with chained heavy attacks and note down the damage from each hit.
  6. Repeat step [4 & 5] with different melee weapons to validate that the same applies for them.

Note: Be aware of the damage profile on varius melee swings, depending on melee weapon that is used for testing may have more or less damage on various light and heavy melee strikes depending on melee swing type.
i.e. Power Maul first two strikes are strikedown types and Bully Club 2nd Heavy strike is Relentless type.

Platform:
[Steam]

Player ID:
[76561198005085980/Steam Profile URL/Oxonium ¨,'.¨]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[02/26/2023, 09:42PM] [CET]

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
Expansive not active: Heavy Swing
NoExpansive-HeavySwing1-2
Expansive not active: Light Swing
NoExpansive-lightSwing1-1
Expansive is active: Heavy Swing
Expansive-HeavySwing1-2
Expansive is active: Light Swing
Expansive-lightSwing1-1

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (160.5 KB)

Upload Console Log:
console-2023-02-26-19.20.43-6541a974-fdd4-4889-9da2-00f2d431f2f2.log (190.3 KB)

1 Like

It may be intentional that the blessing only applies for the first melee strike within the 4s period after the blessing is activated.

But is it intentional that it only applies for heavy melee strikes?

Also, your damage increased by 30%, not 40%

Power doesn’t have a 1:1 translation to damage i think.
Power increases both damage as well as stagger.
Some sources state that it also affect how much of damage you take, but i seriously doubt that.

Im pretty sure power increases damage by increasing the weapons base stats? At least I’ve read so on some web journals.

Also, the newest patch mentions Expansive fixes, is this bug-report ‘Resolved’ then?

Yes, it pretty much is, thank you for reporting it, I am pretty sure it wouldn’t have been fixed if not you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.