Just remove the locks

Hey Fatshark, I see lots and lots of posts of people suggesting how to make the crafting system much more enjoyable.

I understand also, that implementing such changes requires a lot of work and forethought.

I am proposing a very very simple change that the community will love.

Do nothing, other than removing the crafting locks.

Don’t add a function to make them cost diamantine, don’t make any other changes.

Just remove the locks.

This is the easiest and fastest possible change that would serve to prove to the community you care about us, you listen, and you want us to enjoy the game.

16 Likes

I’m having a bit of an existential crisis (pardon the embellishment), but it’s realizing that if I stick to my guns of not playing DT until locks are addressed, I may very well end up never playing it in a significant way again, as it’s probably very unlikely that the locks will be removed at this point. Sigh… what to do.

5 Likes

You already paid for darktide. I’ll play it when I think its fun and not when I don’t.
But I’m not buying cosmetics until this game looks like it’ll survive. They already have your buy in money.

OP Status: about to be memorialized
Community Status: Unmanaged
Crafting Status: Locked
Content Status: Locked

6 Likes

You continue to do what you’ve been doing so far. Play better games. Criticize FatShark. Laugh at Shills. Read forums.

Dunking on bad arguments and trolls is icing on the cake.

4 Likes

Diamantine and Plasteel isnt the core of the problem i think. Maybe better and cheaper guns at the regular shop can change that. If u can have better melee or long range weapons u re more able to level them up and bless etc

Honestly. I haven’t played darktide since they announced blessings would be locked.

I am having lots of fun on the forums though.

1 Like

Added your thread to the board.

But honestly the bare minimum they could even do is keep the chaos-damned locks and just have it so that when you swap a perk/blessing, its the one you swap that get’s locked. So you can effectively get whatever perks or blessings you want on a good base. Does it suck? Throne yes, but at least you just need a good base and to find the T4 blessings and you can get several in your inventory to experiment with.

3 Likes

Thread with elaborate explanation is out.

2 Likes

Made a list to potentially tide yourself over (heh).

I sometimes get the urge to play again… but then I remind myself to stick to my guns and push for change… plus I have a lot of games in my backlog.

1 Like

I’m already memorialized.

Exactly. We don’t need to subvert ourselves to anything less.

We don’t need to make a mess of how to implement crafting materials and perform trials to balance the system.

Just remove the locks. It’s that simple.

4 Likes

I’ve uninstalled Darktide and gone back to Deep Rock Galactic, since the new season is coming up. No locks, free build experimentation and steady progression – it rocks over here.

2 Likes

They just added a randomization option too to have wild cosmetics and build.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.