Issues on Steam version not present on Game Pass version

On the Steam version, I’m currently experiencing about 50% performance loss since the pre-order beta. Not an issue on the Game Pass version, it’s on par with Steam’s pre-release at about 75-80 in the hub, whereas about 30-45 in the hub, on Steam, post-release.

All the same settings, same machine, installed on the same SSD. No driver updates or anything between installs.

Additionally I’m also having the lighting issue as outlined in the thread here on Steam, not on Game Pass version: Black artifacting on character model

Just thought I’d point out.

I’m running:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.5Ghz
Vega 56 8gb
32GB RAM

I noticed that the disparity between the performance of the Steam and MS versions have now been addressed so feel free to mark the topic as solved.

Happy to let you know that one version running better than the other is no longer an issue because as of the latest update, the MS store version now has the same atrocious framerate and messed up shadows just like the Steam version has. I’m glad that Fatshark took such quick action, barely a week since release, to make sure that no particular partition of the playerbase gets to enjoy a smoother experience than the rest. Can’t have the twitch drops, can’t have the framerate and now, can’t wait to see where this current trajectory takes the game in the future!

Feel free to pat yourselves on the back for this one, you’ve earned it.

1 Like