Is Weapon Swapping even worse now?

Pretty much title. Can’t tell if it’s the Griffonfoot Pistols specifically or what, but getting stuck with my ranged weapon out much more often since CW when trying to quick swap then quickly block. Even leaving an intentional pause between hitting q and blocking I’m still finding myself getting stuck in a Griffonfoot push instead of changing then blocking frequently.

What are other’s experience with this?

10 Likes

Yes kind of felt this also.

1 Like

I believe it’s caused by holding block to early when switching from the Griffon-foot. If you’re used to swapping to the Rapier to quickly push, it’s not unnatural to already be holding block before you switch from your ranged weapon. I haven’t had any issues when pressing block after pressing swap, but that may not be the case if your swap is queued up (perhaps the block input gets overwritten? I’m not sure how it works).

Edit: I should’ve checked the other shotguns first. They let you swap during the starting frames of the bash, while the Griffonfoot doesn’t. Hopefully this gets fixed.

1 Like

I feel that it became much better than it used to be in earlier versions.
But do take time to fiddle with the options.
They got some weapon swapping settings that can make or break this feeling.

I’ve had coruscation eat my weapon swap input a few times now too. Thought I had my input settings pretty good but might have to have another play with them.

1 Like

I’ve noticed the input settings can sometimes cause more problems depending on host lag, if I’m connected to a laggy host I have to turn the other input buffer (the non weapon switch one) up from 0.2 to 0.4 or higher sometimes, then when I get a better host again 0.4 is absolutely horrendous and I have to switch back to 0.2.

But I do have the sneaking feeling there might be a bigger problem with switching and the new weapons specifically. Could be wrong.

1 Like

Notice it mostly on moonfire but honestly thought it was just “its just me issue” than anything else. Tough lately it seems to have become more of a problem, so maybe there is an bigger issue with the cw patch itself.

I can confirm by my experience, it’s worse than before.
I don’t understand why RMB should cancel the weapon swap

Subjectively, yes. Feels like the majority of my deaths in the last weeks are because weapon swap did not do what I wanted it to, particularly on the new DLC weapons.

I definitely feel it. Hit stuns feel much worse when trying to weapon swap