Is THIS it ? is THIS the game?

Another post by an entitled kid who’s lost all perspective…

Barely.

3 Likes

Please what? GamesWorkshop is pretty much “selling off” their Warhammer IP licenses. Not without reason there are some qualitatively questionable titles under the Warhammer banner… If GW would have such influence on that, then I wonder why these numerous other titles of the brand don’t follow such monetization concepts as well… I don’t want to deny that GW markets their products very cost-intensively and also drives questionable concepts, but they are probably not the sole culprits for the current state of DT. And whether the blame can be placed on Tencent or GW or anyone else is completely irrelevant anyway, the image damage is borne solely by FS.

This does not mean that you have to accept these practices. But the best way to protest is, first and foremost, your own wallet. Nevertheless, expressed criticism is also important to convey the customer interests to the developer…

I can understand the OP quite well. I also have my fun with the game, but to at least equal if not more parts this is unfortunately overshadowed by frustration about the crafting, item and mission system and - even though only due to the fact that I would have expected more “decency” from FS, less due to the fact that I would be affected myself - the ingame store.
The item store and hub are not a problem for me because of the timer or the limited availabilities or the RNG. They are a problem for me because they are just completely unnecessary systems in the game that add no value. They are just artificial barriers that just keep me from playing combinations when and how I want. Also, some players’ desire for a scoreboard (I personally don’t really need it) wouldn’t make sense with the current item system… there is no comparability of game performance because there is so much RNG in the items.

I think it’s good that FatShark is following a red line now to work on the bugs and missing features, but it shouldn’t have come this far in a full release. Also the rather vague comments by FS on the feedback of the past weeks are… sobering. I’m also not a fan of these sometimes melodramatic “rage posts”, but I can understand if you take this step. At this point I think you can only advise players to ignore everything outside of the actual game and just enjoy the gameplay itself as much as possible or just pause the game for now.

1 Like

Yes, and I don’t want to feel restricted in what I want to use in my build now that I’m fully levelled and regularly playing damnation. The in-mission gameplay is great, but don’t let that deflect criticism from the rest of the game.

3 Likes

This update should show us all just what Fatshark thinks of us. They aren’t even pretending to not be a corporate greed mongering company now. The Fatshark that released VT and VT2 is gone. This company is greed, profits and numbers.

I bet people tell you you’re wrong a lot.

not to be the bringer of bad news but the cash shop doesn’t work currently. the timer stopped and no new cosmetics have been cycled through not even after the “content update”

They released a statement somewhere stating that the timers are only going to be showing back up for the last 24 hours that something is available, just to remind us of the FOMO.

Because that’s how the game has been designed? By it’s design the game WANTS you to do exactly that.
What are these responses… good God.
“YOU DON’T HAVE TO DEW DAT SO WHY U DOING DAT”
Absolute bruh moment

2 Likes

So many snarky people in this community. What kind of response is that? Obviously he has played the game.
What a joke. Honestly at this point I’m starting to hope the game fails and burns in a dumpster fire just from the playerbase.
“I’ve had a good time, sucks that you haven’t” Is the most common and most ridiculous response I’ve been seeing. Grow up.

2 Likes

I really want to “Love” the game, but as you have shared in regards to gameplay… The bugs, crashes, poor optimization, the lackluster loot, the missing base features on launch, the butchered crafting, the unimpressive balance for classes… I’m not even attached to my character after seeing the options available for appearance, despite being very excited when I had background options that currently mean nothing.

There is absolutely zero player agency in regards to crafting which is supposed to be reduction of RNG, and enable a decent grind. I want to play around with different builds, and see all the possibilities with perks, blessings etc. but that is just unlikely with the current state of the game.

Still waiting on more patches to come… Will most likely be another year or two.