Is the Power Weapons will has a AOE damage by default?

May not the bladed ones, but I think blunt ones: Mace, Maul, Hammer should.

1 Like

Maybe only on charged attack ?

I dont think we will get any power weapons aside power sword, as their usage is lethal to regular humans.

Human (like the Inquisitor and even Commissar) still use Power weapon, even though the biggest one necessitate a Power Armor the Imperial guard still use a variety of Power weapon.

If we have a Psyker (which is most likely) we could also have Force Weapon

1 Like

I dont think any inquisitor or commissar used any power weapon except of power sword. Like i said im fine having power swords, just not power hammers, power axes, power mauls etc…

Just my opinion, not that i would mind if they added those as well…

One of the regular weapon choice for the Commissar was the Power fist, Yarrik even use one (Which is made to look like an Ork Power claw)

3 Likes

I stand corrected. You are indeed right about power fist, and seeing it in game would be awesome.

Starshine

8h

I stand corrected. You are indeed right about power fist, and seeing it in game would be awesome.

The model of a Commissar with Power fist actually has quite a large power first for those that are meant for ordinary humans. There’s an old Cadian Junior Officer model that has one, and it’s quite a bit smaller than the one on that Commissar.

Basic humans are capable of using all sorts of power weapons - The versions intended for Astartes obviously can’t be used, but there’s nothing about power weapons that inherantly means they’re unable to be used without power armour in the first place.

Adeptus Arbites use power mauls. The Imperial General in Dawn of War had lightning claws. Inquisitors can use Thunder Hammers etc. There are models of humans with Power Swords, Mauls, fists and hammers. There was a Special Character model called Kyrinov who was a Ministorum priest with a power mace.

Lots of characters use them. It’s just power swords are the most common ones seen.

Even in term of Power weapon there are a lot of different pattern:

Mars/Tallarn which is based on the Scimitar

Cadian who look like a cavalry sword

Then you have the possibility of putting different melee weapon with different fighting style

1 Like

it is an Ork Claw, he took it from a Waaghboss Ghazkhull Mag Uruk Takka, after he killed him and lost his Arm! Hes more or less the most badass Imperial guard(Commissar ther is i think), except Sly Marbo which is 40k Rambo Equivalent! XD

Yes but it was mostly likely outfitted to be useable for a Human

Foremost amongst those is his most renowned trademark item, the Power Klaw he claimed from Warlord Ugulhard’s corpse during the Second War for Armageddon, to replace the arm he lost in combat. Despite its typically crude Orkish appearance, the weapon has been restored and blessed by both the Priests of the Adeptus Ministorum and the Tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus, and is powerful enough to kill anything foolish enough to stand before Yarrick in one swipe. His armour also has a special built-in Conversion Field which shrugs off almost all attacks.

Yes, its even better since it has a Conversion Field now ^^

Well, the size is the same i reckon as it was, so it was only Upgraded in the end.

Its nearly as Tall as himself