Is IronBreaker the worst career at the moment?

I think IB had a comfortable niche when dodge vs. block was more of an even keel, but since the latest changes dodging has become much more powerful as a defensive/offensive combination option than blocking, leaving the IB behind a bit in terms of all around balance (no offensive or support to make up for the lack of block/stam. utility).

I don’t see many IBs in Legend QP beyond unlocking the skin anymore because the other two provide more useful abilities to the team (bombs, ammo, potions / elite deletion) where as the IB will simply make one player near unkillable outside of disabling units.

Saying things like this can make one come off as “elitist” or “ignorant”.

On the other hand dismissing someones experience as trolling is just as unhelpful. Just because 4/5 people have a similar experience doesn’t mean the 5th person didn’t have their own.

3 Likes

Whoever you are playing with is bad if you are keeping pace with them as IB, unless you one of those do nothing but spam DFP at everything IBs

You are very silly if you believe that. No ammo means you can shoot incoming enemies and run and gun as much as you like. Pistol right click lets you wipe out significant chunks of a horde at once, before others can get their hits in. Then you just need a melee weapon for the things you don’t instantly kill.

1 Like

Slayer is legitimately one of the best classes in the game.

Anyway, back on topic: IB isn’t the worst class in the game right now, Huntsman is.

1 Like

So… you’re one of those green circle chasers that thinks the most kills circle decides who is “best” and or who is “last”…? Well that tells me everything I need to know about your evaluation of slayer.

2 Likes

oof… huntsman is fine, also why do you think its the worst? I think BH is worse than huntsman.

He’s a bad waystalker if you build him for the longbow.
He’s a bad shotgun RV if you build him for the blunderbuss.
He’s a bad BH if you build him for the repeater handgun or handgun.

His melee game was never outstanding and now his ranged game is in the dirt. His signature weapon, the longbow, feels awful to use because it actually brings you to a full stop. Why? Who thought this would be an improvement?

His boss damage during ult was nerfed to the point where it’s no longer a strong reason to use him. Other heroes/careers can do similar boss damage and they can do it without having to take down their guard for 6 seconds.

He’s squishy, his melee game is comparatively weak and his ranged game is well below average. Not a good mix.

No matter what you build him for, he’s a worse version of builds for other classes. He just doesn’t do anything well anymore, at least not well enough to pick him over the alternatives.

2 Likes

if you use it right it doesn’t, you should never really draw all the way to zoom.

Frankly it sounds like you don’t know how to build him. He 1 shots every special but BS and Lecches with body shots and headshot or crit 1 shots those, bodies SVs, 2 shots maulers 4 shots CWs without active. (with longbow that is)

2 Likes

all that is missing in here is someone complaining about BoP so we have a full circle :smiley:

happy new year <3

3 Likes

IB is trash because this game doesn’t need tanks, most players just drakefire spam everything because they want to do damage but aren’t competent enough to play someone as fragile as sienna. Prove me wrong. IB’s niche role is being a crutch.

The point is that it happens. Every weapon has a ‘best’ way to be used and Kruber’s bow is the only one that does something this extreme if you deviate from it.

Like I said, it’s not that he’s useless, it’s that other heroes/careers can do any job he can be built for better than he can, or they can do a comparable job while being stronger in other areas. I don’t actually think he’s the problem though (aside from the longbow full stop, that can [expletive] right off). I think the problem is that the standard for what’s considered to be ‘good’ has been pushed too high. Too many heroes/careers/weapons are too good at too many things.

I mean I think BH is worse at everything aside from maybe melee just because of rapier or a+f

Whut the actual …

Huntsman is just fine. He’s great fun and a real value to the team when you haven’t got a WS ulting everything. The new DLC weapon is also good fun in his hands, although I think 1h Mace or 1h Sword are a bit better for survivability. A good HS isn’t fighting in front of him, he’s picking off things in the long distance. Standing still doesn’t matter if you’re not shooting at something relatively close.

I’m still not over the Great Huntsman Nerf™ of 2018, but he is far from being a below average version of everything else.

Bounty Hunter has been pummeled with the nerf stick for 3 months or more, and now suffers from being virtually neutered. BH is likely the worst class in the game now. I’ve even put aside my passionate hatred for Waystalker to make BH the lowest performing.

Standing still when you want to isn’t a problem. The problem is having the game force you to a stop when you don’t. For what purpose was the full stop added? What does it add to the game? Was it meant as a nerf or just to give the weapon a unique flavour? If it was meant as a nerf, why was the problem being addressed not a problem on other sniper weapons? If it was added to give the weapon a unique flavour, send it back to the chef. It tastes awful.

Personal tastes aside, it also makes it objectively inferior to every other sniper weapon from a usability perspective. Matching your movement to that of your target, firing when you want to fire and from where you want to fire are all important tools for reliably hitting exactly where you intend to hit. Using these will make you a far more reliable sniper than using careful mouse aim alone, and they make reliably landing headshots possible even if your mouse aim isn’t the best. Given that headshots are a core part of huntsman’s kit, why is his signature weapon afflicted with a unique mechanic that directly nerfs the player’s tools for landing headshots?

I know someone is going to come along and say “well I don’t have a problem nailing heads with it, so you’re wrong”, but that isn’t the point. The point is that it’s only this weapon.

Why?

enemies in this game walk in strait lines, if you can’t land headshots thats a user error not the fault of the weapon.

Except when they don’t, and I land headshots just fine. That’s beside the point though. The point is that you’ve got all these tools beyond just mouse aim on every other ranged weapon. Why are they restricted so heavily on this one weapon?

I’ll agree that the zoom function is poorly designed, but just don’t use it and use the longbow like every other successful huntsman player and its really good.

Oh boy, this thread is getting derailed. If you can’t beat them, join em.

As someone who plays a headshot breakpoint build for WS. Playing huntsman was a pretty easy switch. Except the HS longbow takes a bit of skill to use. Once you get it down, it’s a lot more powerful than Kerillians. You can build to body shot SV while still 2 shoting CWs with the ULT. I would say it suffers from the same problem as BH, it’s temp HP skills don’t sync to well with it. Someone suggested in another thread to have the BH ULT trigger temp HP on kill. I think doing the same for HS, his first shot of his ULT before breaking stealth would give temp.

Anyway, IB is fine, before I said how you can play him defensively. Which works great in premades doing deeds like 2x HP/2x damage. IB ULTing that patrol that face spawned you during a boss fight can save the run easily. Unfortunately, most IB players seem to be cousins of WS elves. Mouth breathing morons who constantly spam the flamethrower(hagbane) at everything that moves.

Which is why I hardly switch off kerillian. Cause as soon as another player joins on her. I get triggered at how badly they use her. When I do switch off tho, I normally go WHC or Zealot. WHC was one of my favorite classes way before bbb. Loved joining parties to get asked why I’m using that character. Told it’s garbage, then steal their precious circles. As for Zealot, he’s a bloody demi god. He was always strong, but after bbb, he’s the strongest in the game. Drop down to around 30 HP, 6 stacks, oh yea boi. Now go slaughter everything. Building temp HP is extremely easy on him as well. And BoP synchronise so well with his damage stacks.

Good lord. I was interested in seeing other people’s opinions on IB, but all I see is Huntsman talk.

I don’t need to chase the green circles. It just happens to come to me naturally.
But just out of curiosity. If you don’t use the score screens as one source for your claim. Then what do you use? Personal public opinion?

But let’s forget this Slayer shenanigan and get back to IB.

IB is not the worst class in the game. That is a very hard thing to figure out and it’s highly subjective.

For instance, I think ALL of Krubers classes are very good now. You can play all of them differently and make them work greatly. Kruber is very balanced in that matter.

Bardin has huge difference with his classes.
Ranger is a worse version of the BH/Huntsman but with better self sustain.
IB is the top notch class in the game.
You can handle anything with a IB.
Hordes? Drakefire.
Elites? Bring a pickaxe or Axe and it’s covered.
Patrols? Drakefire or taunt.
IB has such an impact on a team with his abilities which is why he’s so powerful.
And Slayer. Oh the favorite of many. Best in melee so many say. He is great fun. But if I want to play Slayer I just go Ranger and use the 25% power talent on lvl10. Makes you more powerful in melee and you have great self sustain with your ult.

Kerillian. You know what let’s not get into the elf.
Every class she has is strong. No further input needed.

Saltzpyre got a nice buff last patch.
WHC with the new duals and increased dodge range is a force to be reckoned with once you have a grim.
BH has always been a ranged powerhouse and still is even with the nerfs.
Zealot is alot more stronger now than before.
All that powerstacking + new duals and he’s insane.
However if you play NB on zealot you are dumb.
You are countering the very purpose of staying low hp with NB. So whenever I see that from a random zealot in my games I know he’s not going experienced.

And lastly Sienna. Well… Battle Wizard can solo Fortunes of war on legend. Pyro is still a ranged powerhouse with her temp hp battery. And Unchained is the Queen of CC in melee. Especially if you play the fire sword.
That’s it I guess.

Point is IB is not the worst. It’s hard to say which is the worst for me. But I’d say Slayer is definitely a candidate for that spot.