Introduction to the Itemization Rework - Dev Blog

Edit. Here’s my question about new system. Let’s say I take Antax and roll it with BM and Head taker, will I’ll be able to make another Antax roll it with different stuff and put it on another load out?

I stopped looking at stuff below 380.

1 Like

:skull::video_game:

1 Like

I fail to understand why oh god why didn’t they implement something like this from the release. Isn’t it more logical and sensible to delay your product as a whole and give some time to polish it than altering so radically core elements after two freaking years?

As it seems the grinding will be awful yet again. Though the new system seems way beter than this we currently have, FS ought to find a fair way to compensate players for all the time spent in their current awful crafting system. This way should at least spare players further unwanted grinding.

2 Likes

Investors want their money back and Fatshark clearly wasn’t making enough from VT2.

Watch this update drop alongside the PS5 port as well.

3 Likes

The bulk of revenue earned from games comes from pre-order and launch-week sales. Once you’ve got Minimum Viable Product, you dump that onto the market, harvest your pre-order cash, and reduce development investment to just enough maintain some level of player interest in the game to still pull in revenue from MTX, and shift the bulk of your resources onto the next product.

5 Likes

i’ve already replied on steam but i want to reply here to:

first of all thanks for the dev-blog, it was really necessary, as this update is probably the most requested and necessary one.

Honestly, without this update I had lost the desire to play, because without the possibility of improvement, there is no feeling of advancement and progress.

That said, it all seems like a good idea, take your time to make the transition between old weapons and new weapons as smooth as possible.

As a personal request, I would like the trinkets to have their role in improving the weapon, but it’s a fantasy of mine that I don’t think is feasible given that there are paid trinkets in the store

1 Like

Something I’m worried about is if you want to use the same weapon on 2 different build styles, will you be able to save a different configuration for each?

For example, say I’m running a crit build and a non crit build with a Mark 13g Chainsword. On one build, I have Shred and Wrath, on the other I want Rampage and Wrath.

Whenever I switch between these two builds, will I have to go to Hadron and change it, and potentially spend resources to do so?

If that’s the case I would want to level up another weapon of the same type which wouldn’t be very fun imo. I think this is another problem of having random bases instead of just unlocking weapons for loadouts.

4 Likes

100% for sure weapons will be largely the same, I’d bet on it. We’ll still be getting weapons as emp gifts and buying them from Melk/Brunt. The Mastery system is about unlocking trait/blessings for weapon families and the Expertise upgrades stats on individual weapons.

3 Likes

I don’t know if you’re directly responding to me but the forums seem to think so?

But yes I assume base weapon acquisition will be the same. Maybe Emperor’s Gifts or Melk will give weapons that already have expertise points or whatever upgraded to a certain point? (All these different terms that aren’t explained well imo are melting my brain…)

I was specifically asking if you had a fully upgraded individual weapon and fully unlocked weapon family for it, if you could save different loadouts on the same weapon for different builds or if you would have to roll up a second weapon for convenience’s sake.

The answer is probably no.

I put my thoughts to that here, as someone who enjoys running the same weapon in different ways on different builds.

1 Like

Hrm!…no I don’t imagine there’d be a new loadout system for weapons. You’d just have, for instance, 2 knives with different stats and whatever perks/blessings you wanted on them (assuming you’ve fully mastered the weapon). Like the current system.

2 Likes

Yes I agree, however depending on how all these new systems work and how long they take this could be a pretty big negative for me, which is why I brought it up.

And it is also why I would prefer Darktide to have a more traditional loadout system rather than a crafting system, although I think having a progression bar for items and customization for items would be interesting enough progression.

1 Like

Classic “retention” tactic.

Make players afraid of doing anything “off-meta” then nerf current a core part of said meta (in this case a weapon), thus pushing/ forcing (depending on “community” tolerance) players to grind out a new weapon just to get back to where they were before. Then repeat the whole process. Over and over and over again.

Frankly I can’t believe you people still think ObeseTubaFish has any desire to make this game better.

6 Likes

But they have been. And they’ve invested so much time/money into it already, why wouldn’t they work to make it better to realize a greater return on that investment?

2 Likes

If you have any power at all to do so, please nail this into their goddamn skulls in the test server/discord/whatever. Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you, Fatshark. If the headstart given to people who were grinding the old system is substantial enough to get back close to where they were progression wise, this is amazing.

Though I’m really hoping that the migration to the new system could instead be based off of total plasteel & diamantine spent or some similar metric, rather than currently owned blessings, because people who got unlucky with a lot of duplicate blessings are going to get very little compared to how much effort they put in.

2 Likes

Just logging back in to also express my concern for the mastery system.

I’m a dad, and have a full time job that often dips into OT. Generally speaking, I do not have a whole lot of time to sit down and play games. Which is why I loved the Tide series, it was very easy to just fit in a game or two and then call it there.

Mastery system is concerning to me because if progression is going to be very grindy per weapon, then most of my playtime is going to be stuck playing low powered weapons which doesn’t sound very fun. The idea of having to grind out mastery for every weapon type that I want to try, on top of the continued existance of the RNG layers makes me still not interested in coming back and playing the game again.

If I was 15 again and didn’t have much else to do with my time then this might have sounded great. But my time is already short, I don’t want to spend it with crap weapons.

10 Likes

even if they removing the lock on curios they make no mention of allow duplicate perks. it still only be +10% per.

1 Like

Ah yeah. Forgot about no dupes.

damn shame. run an triple +5% hp on 3x 21% ogryn. over 600hp would be funny.

1 Like

The official gameplay trailer shows the same lasgun with and without scope, so it was pretty safe to assume we would get an attachment system.

The lasgun with the scope we have now
The same lasgun without scope

Also in the panorama spin of the whole squad prior to those 2 scenes we can see 2 veterans both with a lasgun, one with, the other without scope.

With what was shown in combination of the interview it was pretty much “confirmed” we would get such a system, imo.

But speaking on the topic at hand, with or without working attachment system, if the new system retains any amount of rng, its bound to fail. FS has the chance to set things right with the rework, so instead of doing something half baked that is still rng at its core, they should use this chance to do it properly.

I dont really care if they implement an attachment system later down the line, as I can play with mods for that. If they do it tho and maybe even get grassmann to help them and/or pay him handsomely for his work, I would be even more happy

3 Likes