Announcing Unlocked and Loaded - Update (September 26, 2024)

Heyo Devoted Rejects,

We’re excited to announce the next free update coming to Darktide - Unlocked and Loaded - will be releasing on September 26, 2024.

Unlocked and Loaded will include the overhaul to itemization, a new mission with a new objective, and improvements to social features.

Itemization Overhaul:

• Unlock Your Potential: With the itemization overhaul, players will master their weapons over time, unlock blessings, weapon marks, and perks, and tinker with their gear to increase its Power. This overhaul will help players carve a clear path to get the weapons and gameplay they want. (More dev blogs on this soon and the next Q&A blog will be released this week!)

New Mission:

• Time’s running out! Players will race against time and repel heretics in this shorter high-octane mission in which players’ strike teams are the only thing standing between a barreling freight train and Tertium. (Did you see the end of the teaser trailer?) (We’re also working on a dev blog for this mission, too!)

New Social Feature:

• Team-up against Chaos: As Darktide is made to be enjoyed with others, our new Group Finder features will make teaming up with like-minded players easier. Before embarking on a mission, players will be able to form groups and band together to wreak havoc among the ranks of the heretics. You can form groups based on language, difficulty, mission focus, and more.

60 Likes

Yes! Yess! FLOW THROUGH ME!

11 Likes

Nice

6 Likes

ugh

10 Likes

:train2: :train2:

13 Likes

Embrace the grind, I guess. Here, let us pretend to remove one system of malicious player retention, while stuffing another one down your gullet.

13 Likes

Happy to see the locks gone. I would have liked more information about the changes to blessings though, that’s the second most important thing for me.

11 Likes

Will we be able to lower some weapon stats? Or just raise it? For example, I don’t want to have a high resistance to the void on my staff

1 Like

Broken.
Locks. Brocken.
After all this time!

10 Likes

Aww… Hoped for some teasers of the new perks! Oh, well. At least we got a date!

2 Likes

kinda bummed, those of us with complete weapons have nothing to really look forward to? just the new map i guess

1 Like

Next Q&A is coming out this week and we’re working on a longer dev blog to give the whole view. Also we’ll have a stream near release!

23 Likes

New CLASS WHEN tho?

2 Likes

A new mission!! Huzzah!! Can’t wait!

It’s going to be a long month :face_exhaling:

4 Likes

Why are you bragging about removing the locks, when they are meaningless in the new system? You are removing the blessing library, therefore locks cannot exist. Bragging about removing locks is disingenuous all the while the entire system is replaced, with one that forces grind for retention, instead of locks for retention.

9 Likes

I’m kinda confused about the minute of anime with countdown at the start? Is that a teaser of sorts?

1 Like

If ever. Tree update completed the initial promise (as they never gave a total amount of classes/branches they wanted to have.)

2 Likes

Ey! Very cool!

7 Likes

Its a YouTube thing. Not a FS one

4 Likes

So YouTube let me choose either a standard premiere countdown or other ones. That one was “sci-fi.” I just thought it was cooler lmao.

25 Likes