Announcing Unlocked and Loaded - Update (September 26, 2024)

@FatsharkStrawHat End of mission stats boards when

1 Like

Is that a new bulwark at the end? Looks different somehow :thinking:

I understand you’re not completely happy with the new system. The “grind” of the new system is something we can adjust if it doesn’t feel right at release. Edit: And we will be open to hearing from players at release about that so we can make it something that does feel right.

I think the locks represent not being able to change a weapon after a certain point. In the new system, you’ll be able to freely re-arrange the blessings on a weapon, so it can’t be bricked or locked in the previous way. That’s a level of autonomy that didn’t exist before.

41 Likes

Looks good, I just don’t understand the marketing decision to lock a video that announces an update around the time one of the most anticipated sequels is being released. I really like this game and hope this revitalizes it some.

1 Like

So is Tim Bentinck coming back to voice the conductor of the train or…?

10 Likes

thank you fatsharkstrawhat, very cool

5 Likes

New mission, but not new area I suppose?

Still want the Concept arts from the 2 new sectors.

Also is this all, or will there still be some uncovered stuff

2 Likes

Based @FatsharkStrawHat :pray:t3:

6 Likes

Can’t wait!

3 Likes

For the video, love that it was presented by the Professional’s voice actor and that they’re also a Vet player too. Magnificent stuff.

As for the changes, well, we’ll see what its like when it arrives. I want to be positive but my positivity has been stomped on before by Fatshark.

5 Likes

Interesting about the weapon marks.

Hope the grind isn’t bad, but beyond mastery unlocking weapon marks, not much new info.

5 Likes

Hell, it’s about time.

Brosgw can rest…

2 Likes

On the other hand, weapons are now completely locked, with no changes possible until you have ground them out.

And the terrible, horrible, no-good RNG of the base item power budget remains.

It’s yet another rework that staunchly refuses to actually fix the item system. Power budget was a mistake of epic caliber, and only exists to feed RNG grind.

9 Likes

Is QOL included in this update?
blessing balancing and skill trees…

5 Likes

I’ll say it straight I was expecting some sort of interview for about 10 minutes, but it turns out it’s just an announcement of the release date, and I like it; it won’t coincide with the release of Marina. Looking forward to the questions and answers!

3 Likes

Guys, the last few frames of the video…is that a TRAIN CONDUCTOR CLASS TEASER??? :laughing:

Look what I just data mined from the game files

I really didn’t, thanks DeepAI.

8 Likes

How’s about a mid-step hotfix this week that takes off 1 lock from all weapons. A little preview of the big improvement?

Otherwise, I am unlikely to login for any significant playtime until end of September.

I’m really excited about the new direction! I was hoping for something like the weapon leveling system in Black Ops 3, where progression feels rewarding and you can keep refining your loadout as you play. The ability to re-arrange blessings sounds like a great step toward giving players more control without the fear of bricking a weapon. If the grind is well-balanced, it could add a satisfying layer of progression that keeps the game fresh and engaging. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out at release!

4 Likes

Stat Bar RNG still not fixed ! Can still get a bricked and unfixable 77% damage bolt pistol !

4 Likes

Yes! And we plan to release patch notes on the balancing changes ahead of the update to get player feedback.

16 Likes