Integrating Vermintide 1

OP thats nice idea… people who missed V1 woud like it… But people who spend 300+ hours in V1 wont…
Maybe make v1 missions aviable only by custom play.

I did not had 300h+ In V1, much, much less. But I will love all v1 maps in v2 so muuuuuuuuuch.
If they ever come to “life”, but well they will!

1 Like

Block will stop your charge. Pass it forward :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Or maybe wait like 6-12 months (so everyone gets a chance to play tons of the current maps) then add VT1 maps to quick play (so they don’t have to split the player base).

bump cause i love VT1 :heart:

We can hope ^^

1 Like

VT1 maps could be ported over in small bunches at a time as DLC (given for free to VT1 owners of its corresponding DLC pack), perhaps to tide us over until next major VT2 mission DLC is released, or when FatShark is too busy handling balance/performance/infrastructure patches for an entirely new VT2 mission DLC.

No idea how tough this porting process would be; Olesya’s wagon may need replacing with a waystone portal (where you can drop bags inside, for those missions, etc) and mission specific VT1 voice lines will need to be patched in, and some AI director and skaven spawning/balancing tweaks. Would be pretty neat!

1 Like

4 Likes

I hear a lot of bickering for and against putting the old maps in, but I think we can all agree that the devs needn’t bother putting in Well Watch =P

IB4: That one guy that really liked Well Watch.

2 Likes

People who “like” Well Watch are the same people who like leg days, or eating broccoli. Either wannabe hipsters, or masochists.

On a serious note though, the V1 maps would be an awesome addittion, and with relatively small amount of work, could add a humongous amount of content to the current game, which, unfortunately, as of now has very little content, at least the way I see it. I would happily pay good money for every couple of maps from V1, since I really liked them and the game in general.

1 Like

Every now and then some necromancer come and resurrect this thread…
Yes, I still would want the maps (all of them). But I think it would be fun on the… river / boat map (can’t remember name). One wrong skill use and ahoy you go…

1 Like

OMG yes please! I love VT2, but I generally liked the VT1 maps better. Ubersreik had much better atmosphere, all the DLC’s were so unique, well maybe not Stromdorf…but gimme’ back Death on the Reik! Boat-tastic rat murder!

4 Likes

THE THREAD LIVES AGAIN! IMO, games like VT1-2 need a heavy degree of replayability, and its much cheaper to reuse/update old content than to generate completely new stuff, so hopefully its just a matter of time :smiley:

1 Like

This is a great idea for a DLC. Why waste all the labor that went into the first game?

The price of such a DLC should be heavily discounted for those who already bought the first game.

1 Like

Perfect, love it!