The game forces a switch of input devices if it detects any input from the other device. This is cumbersome, especially when we’re forced to use a keyboard shortcut for push-to-talk.
The game seems to have trouble with gamepads in general.
- Sometimes I’ll be in the middle of a game, it will be stop recognizing my gamepad (xbone controller), and it will take upwards of 5 - 10 seconds to register it again after unplugging and replugging it. I know some will read this and be like, “it’s just five seconds,” but during tense moments in Darktide that’s more than enough to kill you.
- I’ve had this happen with different gamepads, different cords, and different computers, so I don’t believe it’s a hardware issue on my end.
- Gamepad input for menus have a history of being left broken for long periods of time in Darktide. For instance, Hadron’s upgrade menus are currently borked for gamepads.
Other times, if I’m trying to use the push to talk keybind or the in-game chat while using a gamepad, it won’t work until I grab my mouse and click somewhere in the game window.
- Combine gamepad and m&kb inputs into one control scheme instead of switching between them.
- On gamepads, let us use the up button on the d-pad (currently unused) for push-to-talk.
- Let us kiss Hadron