Incorrect number of worker threads

When I want to set up number of worker threads in launcher I am able to choose only 1 thread or 2 threads even though my CPU i5-6600K possesses 4 threads. I checked CPU-Z and it confirmed 4 threads and 4 cores. Why can’t I use all available threads in Vermintide 2? Is this normal behavior? Thank you.

I had the same problem(

1 Like

I believe one thread is reserved for game logic and audio and another one for OS background tasks, could be wrong though ^^

2 Likes

As mentioned above, 2 Threads are reserved by default. This is the expected behaviour. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you guys. I was afraid I would have to solve some problems again. Now I can sleep tonight :smiley:

You can go to %appdata%\Fatshark\Vermintide 2, open the file user_settings.config with Notepad++ (you might break it if you edit it with the regular Notepad) and manually edit the line max_worker_threads = 2 to set it to 4 instead. However, I haven’t noticed any significant difference after doing so.

You can also set process_priority = “high” in the same file, which will reduce the FPS drops in cases where your computer runs some tasks in the background, but it might cause you some inconvenience. For example, your web browser will work very slowly while Vermintide is running in the background.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.