Incomplete Game at Launch - Paid DLC for new Character Class?

We also don’t have any other option here, I mean. By VT standards, current psyker would be a “non-playable” class, but there’s no other psyker class, so that’d be 3 classes in DT, and I have my doubts with ogryn, we may be at 2.

Also, for bardin the only one on a weird spot on release was slayer, ranger veteran and ironbreaker were both great.

Kerillian had/has no “unviable” classes. Handmaiden was straight up broken at launch, and probably still is. Shade killed (and still does) everything in a few hits.

Oh god, the jump… what horrid memories it brings back.
And oh god what horrid memories it brings back when people complained about not understanding the Ironbreaker role and comparing it to an elite/boss killer class like shade.
Make it stop.

1 Like

There is incomplete in terms of lack of polish.
And there is incomplete in terms of features

Vt2 was perhaps unpolished, but feature complete.
Cant say that much about dt

5 Likes

My point is both game was bad at release anyway. And there was a lot of work to make the last game ‘playable’. So good memory of past game is a bit overrated actually (a bit). Just like the past was better than present attitude in real life. (yes, better but not superior level)

And after all the delayed roadmaps, lies of updates (vs mode, promise of career update that they didn’t patch in BBB summer, even BBB was almost mimicking some mode if I remember correctly), Cataclysm difficulty locked again to users who don’t have DLC, and their lousy attempt to fix the last game (and duration to do that). I am sure old gamers can’t have goodwill or blind trust to Fatshark already. They just loved game’s combat mechanic too much to quit Tide series. Which is still quite unique compared to any other Co-op game, so there’s no substitute to this game.

And VT2, Lack of polishness, it was the level of unplayable, you can still find video footages of many people, there’s some kind of meme video like ‘Holy Sigmar bless this ravaged game’. Let me be clear, DT isn’t polished either, especially there’s a lot of crash problems, and shooters shot through floor in some maps. And old bugs of VT2 reappeared, but less.

But, VT2 was whole different level, specials under the water, so you can’t shoot, disablers disabled players through walls or the ground, mobs generated behind boxes right behind of your character (or just behind you), sometimes they generated in front of you, that ruined run immediately. Your characters died by falling through the ground. Specials without sound, invisible globadier’s poison pit in legend difficulty. There’s a lot of 2018 posts in reddit if you want to check. And Crashes, and lots of crashes, disconnection.

Bugs that fixed before relived after patches and patches until a year or 2 years passed. Some people I knew just quit the game til their first DLC, just because of bugs. And quit again since new contests is just some maps and some skins, and new skins are almost purple glowed already existed weapon.

And bug fix progress wise, I don’t expect any better bug fix progress than VT2 actually.

About features VT2 had more features, yes, more maps that you can actually select, deeds (which is better than hi-intensity something like that), more careers, and better crafting system. But it’s far from complete actually.

Careers, it had very bad balance, people kicked Slayer player in legend difficulty on my server, since he didn’t pick Ironbreaker. Pyromancer with beam staff was a goddess, even Vet in DT can’t be compared to her.

If people think balance was okay at release, they were just too good at game, so any careers was viable to them, or just played low level (champion), or false memory.

Crafting system, yes, it was better, but not complete level, there was no orange to blue and green dust conversion, you should go veteran or champion level for gathering blue, and green dusts for changing properties of weapon and trait.

A lot of people said that they would quit the game since they didn’t get Red item, blaming RNG like Darktide. There was no red dust, you could have same unplayable red weapon again and again (balance). That game was RNG too at release, but it’s bearable, since changing property doesn’t lock anyway, and you could change trait. Still you need lots of dust to make a weapon to break breakpoints.

There was no twitch mode, and there was no Okri’s challenge. No Lohner’s shop to buy in-game currency cosmetics.

People just can’t remember how bad VT2 was at release, or just pretend they’ve played the game since release. The game’s condition at release, there was no room for goodwill either.

1 Like

You also need to consider this is their THIRD tide game, so yah, it’s pretty bad… devs said it themselves, they want to take what they learned from 5 years of development and apply it to DT. Andddddddd this is what we got.

So yeah, its worse in a way.

4 Likes

I 100% agree that it’s quite disappointment that they haven’t learned things from the last game other than less bug (in some way), and DRG or some other games that they wanted to copy (or benchmarking). And their thought that 1 hour shopping refresh was good idea.

Even there will be fourth tide game (or any other game), I don’t think there will be much difference, people rarely change, and companies only change worse normally to customers, especially game companies with Tencent investment.

1 Like

If Fatshark introduces DLC archetypes without first greatly expanding the game as-is, the game will not survive. I will cease playing at that point out of disgust. A shame, as Vermintide 2 was so good that I pre-ordered Darktide in the hopes that Fatshark would produce a game of similar caliber.

2 Likes