I lack an in-game indicator of what could be the cause of the lag I noticed. Well, obviously I got hit by that clan rat, but why? Was it lack of computing power on my side? Temporary network latency? The hosts massive virus scanner going haywire and bringing the host down to a crawl?
A would like to have a indicator of the following:
- network latency (drop the green, yellow and red dots, give us numbers, also clarify whether those numbers are your latency to the other clients put the latency retorted by the host).
- my FPS or GPU boundedness (there was an FPS indicator during beta, what happened to it?)
- my CPU (I.e. Should I host? Maybe set high CPU requirements for hosting quick play games?)
- voice indicator (who is talking?)
- host CPU indicator (so I know why the horde turns everything into a slideshow)
I think the CPU indicator is especially important since most younger gamers are unfamiliar with the notion of their CPU power or connection limiting someone else (I.e. hosting). Require eight threads or so for public quick game hosting?