I'm not the only one right? the new shield seems boring

Only the light attack pattern is different, i admit i at least expected to see new ways of bashing enemies with the shield but yeah..

its delivering something that ogryn doesn’t have for movesets at least. not anything with the eviscerator 3 combo setup on the light (sweep strike strike sweep) yet, and nothing with strike sweep sweep strike (cruncher). I’m hoping that their slightly more impressive than the push stabs so they aren’t a total wash. Doing heavy light light if there’s a tougher enemy in the mix and then hopefully having it combo loop back to H1 (and not reset combo after H1 with lights) would be much more gameplay than current Orox slab shield H1 reset H1. I was a little more letdown with the crusher moveset to be honest, looks like they just bumped the strikedown over 1 in the combo and added a second sweeping heavy to make the strikedown heavy further away.

Chances are this will have less dps than just block canceling heavy 1. Its adding nothing, as you will play it the exact same way as the current one, as heavy 1 is the best for single target and horde clear (unless the light attacks are absolutely stacked, which I doubt).

it isn’t animated at the same turbo clip (seriously push stab on slab shield has almost 3 attacks per second base, but the shield push hangs long) so I’m assuming it has its own strikedown profile. really the reason none of the shield moves get used at all is they’re all crowd sweeps with less damage, cleave and no ignore stagger reduction property. but I think if rebalance is coming, a small touch up to the strikedown profile attack (push attack) would make it very worthwhile to use. as is it comes pretty close to H1 in damage (248 vs 297) its just weaker ADM on carapace and void shield. make it 0.8 on carapace and 1.33 void shield like other clubs. its actually a good attack in its own right, so having it outside of push attacking intrigues me even if it doesn’t get that…

Yeah, very disappointing. I was expecting something like Arbitrator shield with strikedown heavies which you can chain with lights and vice-versa.

Also no parry special, which is sad.

I’m trying to hold off judgment until I’ve played with it but yeah, same heavy chain and then purely single target lights leaves me wondering what the point is.

And the solution is not to remove block cancels, ogryn weapons need all the skill expression they can get and blocks make perfect sense as part of a shield’s combo.

Here’s my proposal for AGGRESSIVE Shield Weapons belonging to Ogryn and Zealot:

Ogryn - Power Maul and Brute Shield

Zealot - Power Sword and Suppression Shield

Make them work like Skitarius’ Arc Maul with “Activation Charges”!

Activated Push Attacks with these Shields would behave similarly to Skitarius’ Arc Maul’s Activated Push Attack.

However, Activated non-Push Attacks would be more akin to those of other Power Weapons.

Pretty much everything I dislike about the old shield is still there on the new one

Yeah it is very lame. I expected them to at least change the weapon special to a power maul. But no, we have to keep the god awful shield plant which serves 0 purpose.
It wouldn’t even be complicated or hard to make because there is already the slab shield and bunch of power maul models. And on top of this there are 3 different power maul mechanics they could choose from (ogryn paul, crusher and skitarii arc maul) that they could copypaste onto the new hypothetical slab shield maul.
So they can’t even use that as an excuse, it’s just pure laziness

I mean pretty much every Ogryn weapon has become “spam light to for win” sans the Branx.

Fatshark putting this in the 2030 folder.

Huge miss giving it the same heavies, push-attack, and the same special. Ain’t possible for the light attack combo to be better than H1 spam without being game breaking.

As an ogryn player the light attack pattern, timing and speed is what needs changing on the shield, and this change is very welcome.

I wouldn’t mind seeing some sort of a buckler + weapon combo myself. I’m not a fan of massive shields. (Power) flail with and without a shield on zealot would be nice too.

They could have changed existing shield and added some more variety on the new mark.

Another problem is that unlike in VT2, your main weapon with ogryn shields is pointless.
This new shield should have its heavy attacks done with main hand weapon, and light attacks could be shield sweeps/bashes.

Even for ogryns 1st shield, it NEEDS changes so shield BASH is good for stagger/cc but damage should come from his maind hand.
Something like this
Old shield 1st heavy is shield bash for CC, 2nd heavy is maul overhead
New Shiels 1st heavy is maul sweep, 2nd is maul overhead

OR A thing that woudl GREATLY improve a lot of unused weapons with kinda pointless specials - like the shield block special - is that special attack would SWAP movesets SAME as transonics do.

One set for CC other for bonking damage against carapace

what FS added: almost same old boring shield :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

what players wanted:
doorgryn

People would have just said “why didn’t you just add a new mark” like they did with the mechanicus power sword. They did the right thing.

Yup, the smaller shield for Ogryn would be nice.
Not exactly sure how you would balance it since it doesn’t cover even close to what the big one does, but maybe it’s just a melee block and for ranged it’s just damage reduction.

Also: I want a sword for Arbites too!

I couldn’t agree more, so disappointed all they had to change was the shield plant to anything else and I would have given it a try.