Ideas on how to Buff under-powered/used weapons

Dude you’re just making yourself look like an asshat. Everyone else in this thread appears to be arguing earnestly and in good faith.

Your tone from almost your first post sucks hard (edit: after rereading the thread this is inaccurate sorry. Your tone deteriorated quite a few replies into the discussion presumably due to frustration). If you want a vaguely productive discussion don’t escalate the aggression. If everyone seems to disagree with you don’t just imply they’re dumb or intentionally misreading you.

2 Likes

That’s a bodyshot crit, just so we’re clear.
Nobody’s ever suggested that the rapier pistol shot’s crit was any good.
They were saying it hits harder than a fully charged rapier heavy bodyshot. And… it does. If it’s not a crit, it does.

That’s some HUGE damage, you realize? The fully charged rapier, even in a bodyshot, even without a crit, is a pretty decent chunk damage. And you’re dealing it while at a short distance, or point blank while safely blocking, and with a much, MUCH shorter animation, because the rapier pistol shot is actually pretty damn quick by itself, but insanely fast if your point of comparison is a goddamn fully charged rapier heavy

2 Likes

I would really like to quote that because it’s actually one of the most important thing that make this alt fire great AS IT IS.

Again, YOU CAN BLOCK AND ATTACK AT THE SAME TIME. Of course the damage needs to be small. It’s not only a “decent” feature. It’s the most important one.

Weapons specials does no need to replace an ult, or the use of a ranged weapon anyway.

2 Likes

One thing that needs to be mentioned is that, apparently, the passive that says crit headshots are an instant kills apply to everything BUT the rapier special attack.
Source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/552500/discussions/8/3159763879062880997/

Interesting. Did work before WoM though. But yeah, it was a bit too powerful =p

1 Like

To keep the thread from dying over the week and a bit that Fatshark is off and unavailable, here are a few more suggestions;

12 Bullets for the Handgun are too little as a base amount of ammo. I would certainly feel more comfortable with the Handgun with the increase of a few more bullets. Perhaps 15-16 bullets max. This won’t solve the Handgun’s other deficiencies, but it would allow a play to be slightly more free with spending bullets in the right place, instead of desperately saving their limited amount of ammunition for non-pressure easy headshots with Conservative Shooter.

Secondly, for Kruber’s Mace&Shield. I’m not sure if it is the ‘First’ strike in the light M1 combo, or only after it resets to that strike when spamming, but the delay in actually striking is noticeable, and quite painful. I would recommend that it be sped up, because that delay leaves you wide open, and is yet another negative feature for an already under-performing weapon.

Thirdly, I think the spam attack on the Bolt Staff needs some love. Everyone uses the Bolt Staff for its Charge attacks, and the M1 fire is often not mentioned because it… well, sucks mostly.
To be sure, it has the purpose of a quick-firing mode for a stagger on a weaker foe, or to spam it into hordes, but, well the Charge bolts do that almost as fast, for what seems like less heat cost.

Not quite sure on how to buff that. Less heat would be ideal of course, but the damage is also quite small compared to an enemy’s health pool on higher difficulty. One would think a straight damage buff, and heat reduction would make the M1 fire more attractive.

Thoughts, people?

1 Like

Actually, I’ve been playing bolt staff non-stop for the past week or so trying to get Unchained’s 100 games helmet, and I’ve noticed that the light attack is really good.
For starters, it generates next to no overcharge. You could say that it does more damage per overcharge generated compared to the charge attack, so it is more efficient that way, in its own way. Even though, certainly, the DPS is lower. But, this does mean it is more useful against hordes than the charge attack.

Second, it doesn’t just stagger weaker foes. If you spam the quick-fire into the opponent’s face, it staggers anything that isn’t a chaos warrior or a boss. Even berserkers, provided they’re not in their ‘literally nothing staggers me’ state.
EDIT: Scratch that, it actually perma-staggers chaos warriors as well. Stormvermin and chaos maulers are able to be perma-staggered through both headshots and bodyshots, chaos warriors can be perma-staggered through headshots.

The third and last point is super minor but I just wanna mention that it’s definitely way better at taking care of squishy specials than the charge attack, specially super mobile specials like the gutter runner.

I’m still not sure whether the bolt staff’s left click needs a buff or not, but I feel people gloss over it too easily.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.