I will never play another game, poor design

Thank you for your understanding! Hope you find what you’re looking for!

I did not come here to be unfair or unjust.

1 Like

A solution might be to host a few maps, be nice to people, make some buddies and become the larger group in future lobbies so the vote kick can’t go against you should you meet a troll or two.

If we removed vote kick, you’ll find trolls might just stand beside the bridge at the end of the map and not let the rest of you complete the mission.

Trolls, when they want to, will often find a way to troll, but it’s not fair to suggest that it’s purely down to game design that trolls exist. They exist because they’re human, and in any group of humans you’ll find bad eggs. Note though, the vast majority of the hordes of players playing this game are decent well intended people. I’d suggest not even close to 1% of the player base are trolls - which does make you very unlucky, but if just 1 troll is online, a lobby will be impacted by them. No amount of tools or changes can remove trolls from any game - really.

I hope you stick with us @Keglagek - I assure you the ratio of good people to bad is far weighed on the side of good.

(my post looks like I am replying to Jabutei - this is unintended but cannot be corrected, sorry for the confusion!)

16 Likes

It’s ok, I know you just wanted to talk to me :slight_smile:

But for real add me bro @Keglagek and I promise we won’t kick you (we might troll each other by getting each other killed but we always laugh and have fun while we play) sorry you had a few bad game

I think you should keep vote kick, but make it take 3 affirmative votes to actually kick someone. Currently all it takes is 2 votes if the third person abstains from voting, which may just be because they weren’t paying attention.

Thank you, I really appreciate such a reply. I agree trolls will exist no matter what. I disagree with the philosophy that no amount of tools or changes can remove trolls, but I am also not a game designer, so Perhaps I am wrong there. I do appreciate a reply. I still doubt I will return. I do not want to have to become a part of the larger group, or make buddies or friends, I simply wanted to jump into a quick play when I had time. But your response reassures me that devs are supporting the right changes to avoid this. I may watch to come back.

I think abstaining is a conformity vote, where the one conforming accepts the majority’s say. Which means two is sufficient for a kick.

I am comfortable with this system. I have not found it yet being used for griefing and, in two occasions, so far, it was really important - an AFKer and a troll.

Thanks Ranald -_-

I’d also like to point out that the Vermintide discord is always bustling with people eager to play. You won’t find trolls in those voice channels.

Personally I’ve never even been in a lobby where a vote kick was legitimately initiated, just tested it out with friends. But I wouldn’t call it a conformity vote; it could easily be the person just being ambivalent to the situation or not noticing the vote. I don’t think a group of two people should be able to run around votekicking people just because online randoms in quickplay don’t care enough to hit the button.

You ever hear the saying “you run into an asshle in the morning you ran into an asshle, you run into asshles all day you’re the asshle.”

Thank you very much for your reply, Hedge.

It often happens that the trolls are the hosts. If one wants to troll, one can just always host so it can never be kicked.

Though I understand the issue with kicking the host, this sorely needs addressing.

It seems a bad counter that you have to always host to avoid this problem. If everyone hosts, no one joins!

The word you’re trying to say there but getting stopped from posting is filtered for a reason :wink: Maybe you can find another word instead of just trimming a letter <3

2 Likes

Yesterday i couldnt write apostrophe for some reason… i spent 20 minutes searching for a swearing in my page sized paragraph until i found the problem :smiley:

Joined a veteran lobby of level 15-20 players and got kicked immediately because i was ‘trolling’ assumedly since i was level 6.
I get i’d be less effective because of talent points and power level but the 3 people i joined thought i was doing something untoward. Overall left me feeling a bit uncomfortable, i was just trying to enjoy the game.
Didnt think i had to trudge through recruit grinding with all the characters before using them on higher difficulties.

There’s been a few good inputs from the devs already on this topic.

vote kick especially the one we have where you need only 2 to kick just adds ways to troll without removing them, the situation of someone sitting there not entering the exit. first it costs them to so that’s a disincentive , where as groups are incentivised to kick as it allows them both amusement and to get free loot to their buddies. so is always going to be way more prevalent.

wouldn’t it be better to tackle toxicity rather than promote it? policed report systems and a blacklist have in my experience been a lot more effective.

if your going to persist by promoting toxic behavior with this vote kick system please be fair and give us an option on quickplay to avoid being grouped with pre mades. they are pretty much a nightmare to play with , obviously not all i have met some really cool and fun groups but i think the vast majority of bad games are when i’m thrown into a premade bubble.

or at the very least make it visually clear when you are running the risk of playing with a pre made show it on the party window , put an outline around teams or something.