I imagine its a lot of work

Lol if your out of your depth and not knowing what your talking about you declare ‘nonsense’ without even engaging in any arguments. Of course, you don’t have any.

Good luck with your life!

I engaged in literally all your arguments.
Textures? meshes? Done by mods already.
Balancing? You fail to explain whats so hard that can’t be done in months for some issues, and an entire year for some others. Guess other games or even mods can do balance faster but this team can’t and thats okay! :slight_smile:

Good luck with your life too!

if memory serves, Fatshark said it took 9 months to make a new Vermintide map, which sounds like a load of barnacles to me

1 Like

Seems to happen more and more often lately too

Speaking of which. I remember one of Darktide’s old blog where they specifically talked about how they reworked their tools for Darktide so it’d be faster to make new maps:

3 Likes

What a grand old joke that was

I think the bigger issue is that other 4 person coop shooter games where players drop onto planets from orbit have demonstrably done better on that count, and not needed the time Darktide has taken to do it. There’s a studio literally walking distance from Fatshark’s front door that’s produced their own title using the same base engine as Darktide, and put out more weapons, enemies, missions, gear, and updated in 4 months than Darktide has in 18 months. That studio has been actively talking with players about gear balance and doing updated the whole time their game has been out, and just dropped a massive content and balance update yesterday.

Yesterday that game had over 90k people online at one point, Darktide had…just over 4k at its peak.

In fact, a second 4 person coop shooter with players dropping from orbit, Deep Rock Galactic, also had a huge patch release yesterday, releasing far more content than Darktide has this year, and has never had the weapon balance issues Darktide has had, and has 10x as many people playing it as Darktide does right this moment.

The market is showing it can, and has, been done, and that Fatshark lags behind its competition on those counts.

Maaan. Going through Darktide’s old blogs is painful for me. I want to say we got scammed but it feels more like something seriously went wrong somewhere during pre-release. Ya don’t have people writing blogs like that going into detail while being passionate with their stuff only for the end result to be vastly different from what was described.

2 Likes

Serious question: Is this your first Fatshark game?

2 Likes

What’s worse is going through old blogs and seeing ‘we realize we need to do better on communication going forward’. If we made a drinking game for every cheap apology along those same lines I don’t even think you’d make it out of the 2023 posts without alcohol poisoning.

3 Likes

I suffer from Fatshark collective amnesia so yes.

1 Like

sounds to me like they were optimistic. Then they found out things weren’t so simple.

Except, they use procedurally generated maps, utilize a season pass system which could easily yield more revenue than simple skins, and have reportedly started slowing down content releases AND had aserious dip in player count in two weeks. Of course, it still leads. But i don’t think HD2 is over its honeymoon phase yet.

It seems to me that they stopped internalizing the issue. Smart choice, and a healthy thing to do

I think it’s worth pointing out it was mine. I thought the passion was clear and the closed beta test I got into confirmed that it was fun: I thought the itemization we had at the time, which was the completely random shop, was developed for the beta to encourage players to try out as many weapons as possible.

I don’t regret the money I’ve spent.

But I will never buy a Fatshark game on launch day again. And I will never buy one again, period, if they don’t salvage this one.

4 Likes

I mean I do regret the money I spent in this game.

If I knew then what I knew now, I’d have avoided it like the plague.

However, I’m still hoping they can turn it around. If they fail I’m not supporting them in anything they do in future though, thats for sure.

3 Likes

I think their original plan with new maps being created at a much faster rate was to just stitch different level segments together with some unique segments

Which was the case with the first few new maps and most of the launch maps. But new maps didn’t come out at any rate comparable to the speed they said they would because fatshark. Then they went stuff it and now just create wholly new maps at an incredibly slow rate as usual.

4 Likes

The 2 maps for the Carnival had a relatively fast turn around rate, and we also got Ascension Riser and Archivum Sycorax within 2 weeks of each other. Not exactly fast in total but seemingly a bit better because of being able to reuse biomes.

2 Likes

It will be hilarious if the one new map we’re getting is a biome reuse

After 7 months of no new map

3 Likes

I would assume it’s not, but I also assumed we would be getting the dev blog this Thursday so anything is on the table I suppose.

2 Likes