How to make DT better with minimal effort

2 Likes

I can’t take the design philosophy of a game seriously when the developers don’t even play their own game; and yet are mandating gameplay decisions that affect the enjoyment of thousands of players. Just rework the entire system.

4 Likes

I have seen 2 of them in game.
But even then, the design should probably appeal to the majority of their audience (while being reasonable).

2 Likes

I don’t know. Everything in Darktide points to the contrary, that no sane video game player has either played the product to put their design to test, or actually play tested it. I am still reminded of this quote several months later:

It took me a couple of hours in “Beta” to figure that out and I’m not even a big brain game designer either. Just a mentally deficient anime fan.

3 Likes

They play the game, but I don’t think any of them plays the game as a normal player would.

They want a map/difficulty/modifier, they can just load it up.
They want a weapon/blessing/perk combination, they can generate it or use infinite resources to “roll” it.

Every decision design outside of the core gameplay feel like they never played/tested it for longer than an hour. And judging by the aftermath of some patches, not even that

2 Likes

correct, clearly they use infinite resources and matchmaking devmode to play any game at any diff they need.

i would play game using these settings too if i could :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.