How hard is Legend Difficulty REALLY supposed to be?

If you could do that for me, I’d very much appreciate it =)

I like that occasionally but yeah… If it does it too much it becomes too stressful. This was how my game was was for all of 1.0.6 and it was just too tooth and nail all the time.

1 Like

I personally just think it’s War Camp that’s a bit wonky. I’ve done a few posts on this recently. But yea, basically everything you said happens to me. Just in the starting area of war camp, where you can walk either left or right before you get to the shack with the first tome. Just in that area one game I had 6 CW and 10 stormvermin, a patrol, a horde, assassins and hookrats and 2 gattling guns spawned, etc. It’s madness lol

I don’t see that happening on other maps

<3

“Legend is too easy for me.”

MEME

Cheeses the chaos patrol by abusing the map and the AI. :wink:

On a serious note, compare the numbers of the screen I posted and those in your game’s endscreen. It’s not even close. Not talking down on you, you raise precisely the right point with this video. This is how 90% of my legend games are. Not the way it was in the game where my scorescreen is from. Which one is the “real” Legend?

3 Likes

Thanks for posting that, much appreciated!
You also got one with crazy numbers? =D

Well i could just have circumvented the patrol and left them be but where is the fun in that?
We are heroes after all and heroes dont run nor cower in fear even when out numbered.

On a serious note, I have some 700 hours on legend alone and 90% of the time this is the level of difficulty I meet which is way to low imo.
Every now and then the AI director will throw everything at once like the one you posted a screenshot from and this is what legend should be like 100% of the time. again, Im not trying to sound like a badass but I just don’t find legend to be a challenge and I miss that. I want to feel my palms getting sweaty and feeling like we dodged a bullet or 100 after winning on legend.

Not sure what you mean by crazy numbers exactly ?

I’m reasonably certain he means something like in the OP.
Say, you start into the Dark, drop down the ladder, and in the first cave near the chest you get a troll, a cPat, and an Ambush, followed two minutes later by a horde.
It happens occasionally.

As for the topic:
I think the director needs a bit of an overhaul anyways.
I would mind 5 minutes of those ‘extreme’ numbers, followed by a few minutes of the lower numbers, to change things up.
Or take the lower numbers (the middling ones, not the “map is empty” ones), and then randomly add an extra wave to a horde, or a boss where no one expects it.

Just compare your endscreen with the one I posted.

1 Like

I did and again, been there done that and that’s the way legend should be as a minimum imo

my question is really more towards the devs: Which one is the true legend?

1 Like

I would hope the latter but I’m afraid that’s not the case.

At 700 hours in legend, what you’re asking for is a new difficulty. Increasing the difficutly of legend would make 99% of players bounce right off. I’m pretty sure legend was pretty dang hard for you on hours 1-100. After 700 hours, it ought to be easy for you. That’s just how it is. Wait for a new, harder mode, or move on.

You really, really can’t balance Legend against premades with close to a thousand hours.

7 Likes

There’s also mods exactly for that.

1 Like

Or, you know, Deeds. Though, they seem to be too few and far between to allow any consistent increase of difficulty.
The filters in the lobby also need to be more accommodating for those looking for Deed runs.

Atm, you can’t even join deed games iirc.

Correct. Joining a deed in progress is not possible.

a search function to run deeds with people would be nice though…

Then we have a solution already in-game for the challenge seekers. There just needs to be a search option for it.
I’d toss in an extra option in the server search labeled Type with the options [Both, Normal, Deed] and hovering the Deed games will show the Deed challenges.

I’m still fine with not being able to join Deeds in progress.

I’d say that a mod could be used for this, but I really think it’s something that should be officially added.

If you’d like more difficulty, you can avoid using the most op melee weapon in the game on a tough career.

I’m kruber/bardin main myself, and don’t run halberd at all, because its a crutch

2 Likes