How does Brutal Momentum work?

I have tried putting it on Shield so I could do some funny stuff with it but it seems like the works of it is so beyond me that I do not see it.

+(x)% Weak Spot Damage. Weakspot Kills also ignore Enemy Hit Mass

That is the description, of the blessing, does the last part mean - ignore hit mass of exactly the one enemy that was killed by the weakspot hit? What does ignore even mean if there is a cap on how many dudes you hit?

Maybe I am mad and it’s actually fine

How does this blessing work, please help me?

Enemy mass lowers your weapon inherit ability to cleave. If you land a weakspot killing blow (such as a headshot), then that strike ignores enemies mass when the game calculates how many enemies that hit cleaved through.

3 Likes

Does tt ignore all the enemies mass, that comes after killing the enemy in the weakspot?
Does that work mid attack? Such as, you killed second enemy that you hit with one attack in the weakspot.
And is there the static number of maximum enemies cleaved on each weapon?
Now, does it make sense to take this blessing on anything other then axes? (Your opinion)

Every enemy type has its own mass value, larger, armoured enemies tend to have higher mass. For example, a specific weapon might cleave and damage 5 pox walkers with a heavy horizontal strike, but if you add a mutant next to the first pox walker, that strike might stop after 1 pox walker and that mutant.

Every weapon has its own stats, which affect how many enemies you can cleave with attack, depending on the type of attack used. All affected by your weapon base score, power level and some blessings.

Weapon stat calc:

1 Like

yes and no, each weapon comes with an inherent cleave value, and then ontop of this value weapon/blessing stats influence it further
such as the cleave stat on the weapon, or character stats,
but also EVERY application of power onto the weapon, both permanent power or temporary power increase cleave (among other things)

1 Like

Ok thanks for you calculator, but anything that you wrote above is not what I asked, I am asking about the Blessing Brutal Momentum and when it applies, please read the reply above.

But actually, I think I will figure it out later, thank you for the reply

Besides what has already been said it also removes enemies killed by weak spot hits from your damage cleave additionally to removing them from your stagger cleave.

That means that if your attack head shot kills the first enemy it hits, the next enemy hit will take the full first target damage, rather than the reduced second target damage they normally would.

There does appear to be a cap on this, I’m not sure if it’s weapon dependent. On the Achyls Caxe horizontal heavy attack, no matter how many poxwalkers I line up for consecutive head shots, it still seems to stop on the 4th or 5th enemy cleaved.

I have no idea how exactly this works or how beneficial it is for shield heavies. Ogryn chat on the official Discord should be able to help you out on that.

I really do not trust Discord dudes, they are wierd.
But I believe that the damage part is not true, if it was, then you will be able to kill pretty much as much enemies as you line up, if they can be killed with weakspot, so - hoard one shot.
But still thanks, I will look into it more later

1 Like

Did you miss the part where I said there seems to be a cap? It’s very easy to test that you retain first target damage because you can kill the second thing you cleave that you would have no hope to without it.

Here is the damage cleave on Achyls heavy 1

Ain’t no way I’m killing like 4 lined up poxwalkers unless it’s retaining first target damage up to the cap. It’s literally not possible with those damage cleave numbers.

ok :+1:

I am not versed on the technical side of things so I can not give you specifics. However I can tell you from personal experience it feels great on the Shield. You unfortunately won’t be killing 20 poxwalkers with 1 heavy attack but it definitely feels like an upgrade.

On a shield with BM and Skullcrusher which is what I run, specifically for horde clearing, Heavy 1 into light 3 and 4 repeating absolutely mulches groups of enemies, especially if you’re running bleed. Heavy 1 does a bunch of damage on weakpoint hits, and your follow up lights have good head shot priority and will take advantage of the massive amount of stagger your heavy did for the extra skullcrusher damage.

Still want to heavy spam for big targets however.

1 Like

I feel so dumb now, I did not figure out that I can cycle 1 heavy and two light attacks, now I will do it more then often, thanks for that

1 Like

You posted multiple questions, some suggested you don’t understand how the cleave mechanic works in general, hence my answer, I left the rest to others.

You can test a lot of this stuff in Psykanium, especially if you install some mods: creature_spawner and Healthbars should do it for the start.

It took me awhile to figure that out so I understand. Just a quick note, is is a bit less safe than the double heavy combo, so do it if you want more damage than sustain. If you run feel no pain it works perfectly and you can tank and kill.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.