Hotfix #4 (1.0.21)

Did we ever get an explanation on why the Plague Ogryn shrank? I think it’s a great change and it should be more common but I wonder why that change was listened to while other’s haven’t been.

More the game is patch, more laggy and unplayable it is … great work dudes !

1 Like

nice patch, I’m still getting crashed to desktop with no error, I guess imma wait for the next patch and see if that one will allow me to play more than half a mission

2 Likes

ok so since you put this hot fix in my game crashes when having to choose a character , before this the game would load , tried everything … no error , just crash reporting

1 Like

I’ve not been able to play a game for days, it’s so annoying. Having some time to play while the kids in bed and I’m off work, but nah. Released a ‘fix’ that ruined the game for lots of people just on these threads. Why would you release a fix then not offer support to those effected?

Is it serious that it takes 20 minutes to load the game? Are you intentionally making the refund unavailable? It does not load the character menu! When changing the weapon stats, the menu icon disappears and does not allow you to do anything! , I don’t have half of my character! that’s why I waited 20per and it still didn’t load my character’s texture! I’m just saying that I’ve been playing Vermintid for a long time now!

1 Like

I feel kind of cheated by Fatshark. No classes, same maps just reversed (just for the illusion of more variety), time locked equipment purchasing, barely have crafting, no equipment rewards for completing maps (similar to Vermintide).

Some might say, “Reversing the maps is just smart design”. I find it boring and lazy, especially because you didn’t see those kinds of bad decisions with Vermintide.

I feel bad that this is the full release, and I feel worse that I contributed to this poor excuse for a $40 game. I’d rather wait for the next Dark and Darker alpha playtest before opening up this game. I guess all I can do is wait until the Summer of 2023 before there is enough content to make this experience somewhat salvageable. Shame Fatshark, shame, I was a fan.

5 Likes

Sometimes silence speaks volumes.

2 Likes

To be fair on reversing Maps.

I find it very cool that you can see Levelparts in a Mission you walked on the very ledge in a other one like couple 100meters below or above. This idea of Connected Maps seems really Cool.

Also its “Biomes”, what do you expect… Its easier and they can Pump out More Maps faster after they fixed the other stuff.
The 2nd Throne Mission i agree on, its just reversed badly for like 2/3 and you see the Stairs are missing after he bridge and so on.

1 Like

conceptually its a neat idea and probably gonna be awesome once the map pool gets expanded, but right now we just lack the pool to draw map-tiles from resulting in extremely samey missions, and just adds to the “lack of content” debate as the actual number of unique set pieces is much lower to V2 on release.

4 Likes

This is how sad the Fatshark company as a whole is.
They couldn’t even bother with posting Patch 1.0.22 patchnotes. (UPDATE: I was wrong about patch 1.0.22. Deepest apologies. Leaving it up because Im not afraid of admitting when I’m wrong. Unlike others. Also, everything else in the post is still valid.)
Darktide Comms on twitter they tell you to follow for live updates…most recent tweet is literally 14 days old. 2 full weeks of nothing.

You guys launched a half completed game.
For the white knighters I’m sure I’ll get responding to this. “They’re on Holiday. Leave them alone.”
They don’t deserve a Holiday. They complete this alpha experience of a game before ANYONE gets time off. Did we PAY half price for this game? Of course not. We payed 100% therefore, I expect a fully developed game that doesn’t crash and have “Coming Soon” on half the crafting system.

There’s a BIG difference between expressing 100% deserved frustration and whining like a spoiled little brat. If FS would have delayed launch, and I would come on here and start insulting them demanding they launch it right then and now, if not, I’m not going to buy it. THAT is whining.

Being frustrated and angry that a company sold me an alpha experience as a fully fledged 100% completed and “launched” game and expressing that frustration on the forums. (The proper procedure you’re supposed to follow when something like this happens.) That is 100% reasonable.
So quit white knighting when you guys are the ones acting like you’ve got stockholm syndrome and sticking up for something that is completely unacceptable.

I said it before and I’ll say it again. If FS’s consequences of this is for the community managers having to scroll through endless negative forum posts, then they got off easy.

7 Likes

i get the frustration, and the while i generally agree, i i don’t think we should hold everyone accountable. why?
because the person who is actually responsible for the mess then could use the collective as cover and slip by,
instead of blaming people who passionately worked on DT and likely are extremely disappointed how badly it is received, we should appeal to their passion and demand them to protest with us against the one who actually is responsible.

as long as the person who decided on those systems is allowed to continue to make bad decisions its going to repeat, and i guarantee you most devs in their team know this all too well.

3 Likes

patch 1.0.22?

I agree with you. The folks who had to crunch and do the grunt work on this game probably don’t deserve this. This is most certainly a management level problem.

I can’t even call it a patch. It was more like a hotfix 1.0.22. You should have saw it when launching the game. It tells you there.

@Riku While at first glance, everything you state is reasonable, according to long time Vermantide 1&2 players, this has happened with every single one of their games. I’ve only played darktide for 2 weeks since it was on sale while I was waiting for Darktide.

I’m simply tired of giving gaming companies the benefit of the doubt. This isn’t just a Fatshark issue. This is damn near every MMO launch. The newer generation are now growing up in a time where its completely acceptable to launch a buggy, sloppy, lazy, mess. Shout out to Bethesda and CDPR for Fallout 76 and Cyberpunk.

All you hear about is “its not the devs, its the publishers, there are a few passionate devs working there, so you can’t criticize the company as a whole” or some iteration of that. A company is a team. The passionate employees that don’t stand up, or continue working there, are simply complicit.

2 Likes

Sadly I don’t…
In the launcher I see info about patch 1.0.20 and 1.0.21.

And I have my steam games on auto update, so I haven’t noticed it downloading a patch either :confused:

Woops. I apologize. I was wrong. Updated original post and left my error in because everything else is still valid :slight_smile:

1 Like

im not here preaching that xyz is the actual reason or whatever,
all im saying there’s obviously talented people at fatshark but someone (we clearly don’t know who) might be a lead designer might be an executive, who is either making bad choices without anyone going:“that’s dumb we, cant do that.” or outright overrules anyone with a brain.

and i don’t condone these “new” developments in the gaming industry, but as you also noticed in those new game release “trends” is that blaming the company as a whole never works, they just continue as if nothing happend.
the only way i see it, if those people in the company who actually want to create the best product who want their work to flourish, to side with their supporters, and if need be go to drastic lenghts to change what is wrong.
we as customers can only boycott with our money.

this one i don’t agree, have you worked for a big company before? do you stand behind everything they do especially the higher ups? yeah no

@Riku Honest to God, I work in a big company. Not a tech company, but a company with over 700 employees. I honestly do call my higher ups out in our slack.
Part of our companies responsibility is safety. If the company I work for EVER sold a unit, or was responsible for injuring or causing death due to our negligent, let alone multiple negligent units, you can sure bet that I would quit. That’s not even a question. I’m not sure why that would be so hard to believe, but its true.

1 Like