Hotfix #31

Devoted Rejects,

Here are the patch notes for Hotfix #31, which just went live on Steam and will shortly be live on our other platforms.

• Fixed an issue where the Block Player functionality could incorrectly appear as not available in the Social menu.

Dev Note: Some players experienced an issue where the “Block player” button was greyed out meaning they couldn’t block any more players, even if their Blocked Players list was not full.

• Fixed a rare crash which could happen when a Med Stimm was applied in the exact frame a player died.
  • Fixed a crash which could happen on PC platforms when trying to mute/unmute the game in the background if the user settings weren’t available yet.
  • Fixed clipping issues for Zealot “Devoted Chem-safe Rebreather” head gear when having specific hair styles equipped.
  • Fixed clipping issues for Psyker “Chem-safe Rebreather with Psykana Collar” head gear when having specific hair styles equipped.
  • Fixed an issue where hair would be incorrectly removed when wearing the Ogryn “Scavenger’s Goggles” headgear.
  • Fixed an issue where the pauldrons for the Veteran “Savlar Chem-safe Fatigues”, Zealot “Savlar Chem-safe Devoted Fatigues” and Psyker “Savlar Chem-safe Fatigues and Psykana Collar” upper body items would sit in an incorrect position on female characters.
  • Fixed a clipping issue between the Veteran “Hostile Environment Field Kit (Ice Mourn)” upper body and “Militarum Field Fatigues (Gerdarn Pattern)” lower body cosmetics.
8 Likes

How about you guys fix actual issues with the game or state a reason why you removed the music from ambushes instead of not updating the game for two straight months without a word to the players, eh?

37 Likes

I thank the holy emperor for this fix.

Content when?
Crafting overhaul when?

14 Likes

Lol, 99% cosmetic fixes, loving the way you prioritize actual issues there.

24 Likes

Can you fix some of the errors we have reported?

Instead of frequently fixing error reports that I have never heard of before?

11 Likes

Another bleak, desolate “hotfix”.

13 Likes

@FatsharkStrawHat

How about some sort of update on when in the name of holy terra we can expect substantive fixes & improvements to the game? Or even just a detailed post about the timeline for fixing/improving things and an acknowledgement of what’s broken right now.

Stuff that’s critical to address:

• Sounds are bugged (silent special spawns, etc.)
  • No music during ambushes (a MAJOR buzz kill on enjoyment)
  • Enemy gunners/shooters push back the player way to much (this is a previously fixed bug that was reintroduced recently)
  • “Close Range” triggers on blessings occur at 8m when they should be 15m
  • Plasma gun projectiles often invisible

That is just the mission critical stuff that needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Beyond that it’s the usual request for doing something to improve crafting locks, better mission rewards / secondary missions types, seasonal content/events (when?), balance adjustments, etc.

EDIT: Honestly the game feels like it’s dying (again) given the lack of any communication about what players can look forward to next. Four hot fixes addressing obscure crashes and cosmetic issues in over two months feels like FS doesn’t really care about addressing anything substantive.

40 Likes

there must be more under a rock or something. I’ll check.

7 Likes

Ditto what others have said. Where is any actual communication? Where is any actual bugfixes for stuff that has now been broken in the game for several months?

Not to mention the crafting and RNG is still near-universally hated by your customers.

Edit:

Have you looked at Suicide Squad, the latest money-grubbing GaaS adventure to crash and burn? Stunningly it’s doing an order of magnitude worse than even Darktide at launch. It’s time to abandon the GaaS RNG grind looter shooter ‘trend’ that is now demonstrably sinking studio after studio.
You are not Fortnite or GTA Online. You will never be Fortnite or GTA Online. Embrace what is good about your game(s), and abandon this feckle dimwitted attempt to earn a few more bucks.

16 Likes

It is.

21 Likes

I think that FS just needs to get some priorities. First, just reapply whatever bug fixes you’ve done in the past that somehow got rolled back.

Then just do something simple with the itemization. It doesn’t need to be amazing because this game is not about numbers, but the moment-to-moment gameplay.

Then add new content. It doesn’t need to be groundbreaking. Maps, weapons, enemies, player classes.

considering that broken cosmetics won’t be bought, this is an issue…
just not to us :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I really hope so, but if there really is, the lack mention is not making them look any better.

1 Like

Did your dev team quit over the holidays or something? Either release some actually meaningful fixes or at the very least tell us what’s coming in the next patch. Basic communication.

6 Likes

I feel like FS is working with a unique definition of “hotfix” here.

2 Likes

Did you fix the sights on the revolver cadian skin? Hang on I’ll check.

No, you didn’t. Comon, this is a function issue.

Also, if Fat Shark wants, I’ll come give them a clear vision for the future and an integrated game model to work from. I doubt I fit any of your job openings, but I’m prepared to be the boss.

7 Likes

Is this selection of irrelevant fixes again several GB large?

I get the feeling these hotfixes mainly serve to mask the introduction of new premium cosmetics.

2 Likes

The download was what? 115MBs?

What GBs you saw moving was the gamefiles being restructured which has nothing to do with how big the download was :slight_smile:

It had me “move” 25-ish GBs and my game isn’t 25GBs bigger

3 Likes

There is no content, there is only WAAAAR

4 Likes

“I don’t like silence. Silence means someone failed …”

Captain Wolfer asking for news about update.

6 Likes