Heresey difficulty bugged

since yesterday, heresey games have turned into cata3 I swear, anyone else noticed this or had this happen? I found one reddit thread saying it also

like ridiculous hordes, specials, monsters, on envlavum baross it was way harder than damnation several us had to clutch and revive everyone just to complete the power cells for the bridge, as soon as we killed a beast of nurgle duing this hell mission another one spawned…

2 Likes

Nah I ran some Heresy last night helping to level a mate and they felt pretty normal to me.

It’s stealth adjustments from fatshark, materials and reward will be buffed next patch so don’t expect higher difficulties to be any easier.

There are quite a bit more elites/specials/bosses now on damnation too and my win rate with randoms has definitely dropped, but I love this, it only motivates me to play more and improve more.

I recorded it, it was crazy! apparently it must be a random bug that on some servers heresy just goes crazy

Yeah it’s been in the game since the beginning. Sometimes (and especially Heresy) just completely bugs out and becomes far more high intensity than even high intensity.

i can usually tell this happens when you hear multiple poxbursters spawn at once multiple times in a map. the game seems to kind of like spacing them out a little most of the time, but when you get this bug (which can happen in low intensity i think too) you will routinely have two or more spawn a half second apart so you get that TICKTICKTICKTICK effect overlapping itself.

it’s fun but annoying, and i almost never win them.

Spwaner had always been very wierd, sometimes i get swarmed by shooters, some others the game is just a walking simulator.
And I’m talking about damnation.
Yesterday there was so much dreg shooters standing in line that the game looked more like a Napoleonic war simulator than a tide game.

It’s not a bug, it’s just a Fatshark.

Yeah I find this happens all over, seems to be tied to the mission board’s global condition overlay and not any one difficulty. Like when Lights Out is up even Low Intensity feels like normal. Or the book bug with Vent Purge. I only hate the constant trickle shooters in your back, getting drilled for 50 HP while you were taking cover from the line of shooters in front of you to the gang that just spawned in the room full of corpses you cleared is obnoxious Back 4 Blood ‘difficulty’.

2 Likes

I like it.

Cool, where can i run this?

DId the damage model also change? If not, it was not like “cata” / damnation.

put it up, should be an interesting watch

Should they find out what causes this bug and isolate and fix it, I’d really wish for them to add this as a fun-mode option.
Do what Valve did with Team Fortress 2 and have an optional “bugged” mode where all the funny and absurd stuff is opt-in.

1 Like

This was a known issue since beta. Heresy difficulty going haywire. It’s a non-issue though according to FS, and strictly UI related, so you know, tough luck I guess?

I think this happens in damnation too. Had a wild damnation hi intensity match last night. We wiped 3/4 of the way in and it seemed much more intense than is typical, even for 5 hi.

1 Like

Yeah, it happens sometimes, been like this for a while, it can be very fun but also has the downside of turning a mission into a 45+ minutes hyper awareness challenge, i always feel like i need a break after those games.

There seems to be a bug with “never-ending hordes”, which for some reason happens to me a lot on one of the desert maps. I don’t think this is tied to Heresy difficulty.

I was going to say the same thing. The Enclavum maps, and the Outside “Desert in the Sky” maps seem to be the worst for this.

So it’s not just me? Good to know.

Sounds like the endless hordes beta bug.