Heavyweight champ penance

Can this penance please be put back to 4 ogryns to bullrush? Maybe at least put it to 5, if it’s really that necessary to have the difficulty harder. There is never anymore that maybe 3 or sometimes 4 ogryns in one area even on damnation difficulty with high intensity, which means that I have to try to shepherd a group of them together with another group and nobody in the player base has the patience for that and I don’t really blame them.

4 Likes

I did the current 6 Ogryn version with a group of friends, and it basically involved us spending an entire evening loading into Damnation or High Intensity Heresy maps, hoping for a good spawn rate for Ogryns, and then keeping those we met alive until we had the required 6 in an area where we could get them to group together (easier with Crushers & Bulwarks, but still not easy). We weren’t completing maps, if we didn’t have a good spawn rate we just died and started again. Even then only 2 out of the 4 of us managed to successfully get the penance, and we had to do it again another evening for the other 2.

Without a patient and organised group on comms, I have no idea how you’d realistically ever do this. It would require getting extremely lucky with enemy spawns while in the right place and playing an ogryn. Even then with a random group you’d have to knock them over before someone started killing them.

Yeah this one has been one of the most annoying and time consuming penance so far, I finally managed to do it with a solid group last night after hours of dying and resetting hoping for a good ogryn spawn, with 6 ogryns I don’t see it happening with a random group unless you’re extremely lucky if it was 4 like before then this one would have been easy and even doable with random groups.

I did it solo on Damnation as have others fwiw, you can search topics here , steam or reddit (googlable) for tips e.g. this FS forum post.

There are usually clumps of 4-5 (someone reported 6 in 1 spot once), and a few more a bit further down, you have to gather them all up; 4 or 5 would be insanely easy to do.