Heavy Sword Perks? Which ones are best?!

So i never really used the Heavy sword, but i got a Good Roll on it. I read the Cleave is amazing or so it says. I got Cleave Blesings aswell for it.

WHat Perks do you Guy recommend for it?

Id say Flak + Infested/ Unarmoured?

Is it worth to makle a crit build with it?

1 Like

Flak + maniac for perks. Head taker + rampage for blessings.

4 Likes

yeah i have wrath and the other cleave blessing 200% Cleave on 3 enemeis hit on it both T4, i rerolled the Perks to Flak and Infested.

But so you think i need to Switch Infested to Maniac?

I can already 2 shot a Mutant or Dreg Berserker with heavy attack.
I think the extra amage on Infested for bosses maybe not Bad!?

I had to reroll the Perkscause i had 1,5 Stamina and 8% Special damage…
the other ones were like i said T4. I tested it out in Psykhanium and its no so bad i think.

Bosses are all unyielding.

2 Likes

Reroll wrath or Savage to head taker/rampage as a priority IMO. Once Rampage is fixed I’m pretty sure head taker is the better pick of those two. Your current blessings are massive cleave overkill.

1 Like

Heard some people say Deathblow or whatever the BM equivalent on HS is good, have you tried it at all?

1 Like

No though I can say it was much stronger when it was possible to one shot Ragers pre HP increase. Still very good on paper on the Mk IX. I mostly run VI so it’s not really a great pick for that moveset (no horizontal heavy). I just like overloading on damage bonuses :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m the same way, although its probably moreso because I don’t have a good mk 9. Might be the way to go once the Rampage hit comes down over a cleave blessing with headtaker imo.

1 Like

This is alright
Kinda would like to have maniacs instead of 10% elites but works fine on auric T5
never go for flak they die kinda fast anyways so rather have a bit edge on carapace witch is a bit of a weakpoint

Deathblow is much better than ramapage if u play auric post patch IMO
well depends on your playstyle and build

Flak would be for Scab Ragers and Maulers, maybe for a faster ttk on scab gunners or shotgunners as well.

Yeah I know what it’s for :sweat_smile: just I never had any problems taking them down fast especially with heavy sword so personally I rather have carapace.
But like I said build your weapon around your playstyle and character build and u probably will be fine.

Things that look great on paper and numberwise in the meatgrinder might not be as good in game.
and things most people never use might be fun and acctualy good (like the catachan blazing piety crit build)

1 Like

Catachan Blades with crit are pretty good. Dunno why they are relatively uncommon.
Well, ok, the are poor against carapace, and heavy swords often feel better.
But yes, flak enemies are often relatively cumbersome, while taking down a Rager has a certain urgency. Then again, if you can reliable do it with the same number of hits either way…

oh, damn youre right man!

i thought mostly for Beast of Nurgle, thought hes Infested, but thnx Man

1 Like

thats what i wanted, but i had to decide for Perks, since they were so bad. At least i got the Blessings all rolled T4!

Well, what i surely know ther was no point in going Carapace. Flak is more Common iMO

1 Like

Hi!

Just saw this and I just last week went back to the Heavy Sword IX with my zelly and she’s just absolutely insane. My HS has 25% flak & 20% unarmored (locked), with Rampage IV and Headtaker III (locked). I’ve tried 25% infested instead of flak, but between the talents and blessings the damage gets so ridiculously high that the infested bonus really just didn’t seem to make any difference. The flak however clearly did, and now the bruisers, specials etc. just die a lot faster.

It’s an absolutely fantastic, wonderful weapon. But I do recommend you make a macro for that light attack spam, just like with the combat knife it’s just too much to have to mash that that button10 000 times every minute. :sweat_smile:

Oh and regarding builds crit or not, I’m actually not sure. I’ve tried both with Blazing Piety and Inexorable Judgement, and I have to say that while they both work, I think I like Inexorable Judgement more. It allows for less talent investment than just crits, and yet the 20% attack speed & dmg from it with the HS’s already crazy fast attack speed is just incredible. It also makes the best use of that playstyle of rushing from one fight to the next and being ultra mobile which HS is good for.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking more about this recently: is there any actual reason to use the mk 6 Heavy sword over the mk 9? Since the special heavy on the 9 also gives you a strikedown attack why would you take the 6 with it’s worse horde clear?

Flak/Elite and rampage/headtaker on my mk9. 2 shot breakpoint from maniac vs ragers is probably the nicest thing you can have, after that it really comes down to if you like flak or carapace.
Blessing wise I haven’t tried deathblow but headtaker is pretty much mandatory.

Not any reason really but last I saw it tested the different MKs were way way closer to each other in clear speed than people make out. I quite like the scoop heavy 2 that can still headshot and be an effective single target follow up and generally just find the VI the most aesthetically pleasing. The IX is unambiguously the best but they’re close enough I really think people should just use the one with the moveset that clicks with them.

2 Likes

Also a pretty meagre bonus considering its going to be a percentage on a low value anyway. For that matter you should be using special into mauler body to maximize TTK and that’s flak. So there’s only 1 of 2 possible carapace targets that you get benefit on. Ignoring bulwark arms.