Have console players been Scammed?

Coming into 2023 console players still have no game. For many players like myself, we have already pre-ordered when Darktide was put on the Xbox store back in July-August. Not only was it soon taken off the store completely, but the announcement that it would be available on gamepass came short after. Essentially the pre-order for console comes with no benifit at this point and if anything comes at a loss. The hope for a release to consoles soon after PC is quickly falling apart, and I think FatShark set themselves up for failure making the release date for PC on Nov. 30th, as that only gives them 1 month to manage the PC launch and try to get a version to consoles. The difference between a launch in 2022 vs 2023 is big to a market and I feel console players have been left to the back burners. They hype for Darktide is dying day by day and a later release to consoles is only going to cause more damage to the player base.

1 Like

If you play on game pass you were scammed, but I don’t think that same issue will exist on console Darktide if it ever launches because its only the Microsoft backend anyway. If you mean a promise changing over time well that’s the fat shark way, it is important to remember the ocean of difference between this and a lie. Console DT could become one of those, but you haven’t actually been scammed yet.

The performance on PC is horrible, and it simply won’t run on a console in its present state. I’m having to play at 1800p instead of my usual 2160p just to get a somewhat stable frame rate, and that’s after hours of fiddling with settings. Load times are also atrocious compared to every other game I play.

Fatshark obviously know this, and that’s why the console release got pushed to a TBC status. Bad enough that the game is in this state on PC, but imagine the apocalyptic reception it would get from console players?

Didn’t all the console preorders get refunded?

If so, it’s really hard to call this a scam.

your post sums up my thoughts exactly
good luck running this game on a console

1 Like