Gripes about reviving

So this is somewhat of a generalized “why do all coop games do this?” kind of thing but also about some specific gripes about revives as far as Darktide in particular is concerned.

For starters, why doesn’t having multiple people reviving the same target get a person up faster? To my knowledge only one game being DRG figured this out and made it a feature. Look, from having to pick people up before irl having 2 people doing it is going to be faster than 1. it’s just math. It doesn’t even need to be a huge bonus, do like +25% based off the first reviving teammate’s revive time.

Next big thing is that long animation period after the revive needs to go or the invincibility period needs to increased. Often teammates will revive people in a fight only for said person to get pancaked 0.2 seconds later because they are stuck in the get up animation. Sure i can already hear people typing “just don’t go down” however revive during combat is clearly an intended feature based off the ogryn’s passive designs so not giving the person who has no control over the environment even a chance sucks. It also leads to things like this happening:

This is also compounded by how reviving doesn’t seem to stop the bleedout timer. Even if you mange to clear the horde, kill ranged enemies, and get back to your teammate there is a good chance they are going to bleed out during the revive anyways. At least if you had a guaranteed pause to the bleedout it wouldn’t result in having these utterly frustrating moments of getting there the last moment and having your teammate die anyways.

6 Likes

We just need to get a “Grace period” that would last 1 second after being revived.
What you describe is a real problem… most of the time we end dead just after being revived…

And I agree with your proposition. That’s actually a good proposition and something that would be a great addition to the game.

2 Likes

Seconded

yep

All I see in that video is a player mistake, that sniper should have been dealt with first.

What I would like to see go is the revive being interrupted by ranged attacks. In some situations its a guaranteed wipe and frustrating player experience.

The game in general has too much stagger. Who designs games around removing character control from players?

1 Like

I mean stagger on ranged is annoying and makes reviving a pain unless you are an ogryn but that goes with the grace period and bleedout talk. If you could revive through ranged damage it would probably make it a lot less frustrating and maybe make it so you only drop someone on a melee hit instead.

I would say video is more of an outlier case / extreme trolling but this still applies in the example of crushers, maulers, ragers, etc that have a high dps output that relies on your dodging back sucks when you have that second of getting up and not being able to do anything.