So I’ve been having a blast with the Griffon-foot. Feels like a versatile shotgun that I can finally enjoy. It’s a very strong weapon. Pros:
- 8 shots in a clip.
- Reloads 2 shots per reload.
- Breaks wood shields (Marauders and Clanrats, this is beyond fantastic for a shotgun) Edit: Me big dumb and forget that other shotguns also do this.
- Very wide spread (more useful than the squarer spreads Grudge and Blunder have)
- 26 shots! That’s a lot of ammo for the type of weapon it is.
Neutral point – It doesn’t seem to have less damage than the other shotguns. Edit: It does do less.
- The wide pellet spread is easier to deal friendly fire with (this is mitigated a bit by Saltz being more mobile than Kruber and Bardin in general).
- You have to get pretty close to high health infantry targets to 1 shot them (like Maulers), much closer than the other shotguns, because of the broad pellet spread.
All in all, very strong. I did a Cata true solo with them on Zealot and used Crusade to mitigate the low range, and it worked quite well. They have plenty of ammo, so I was able to run Hunter on Zealot which is funny, but it did feel like Hunter was a real choice and if I wanted to really spam it I could go for Scrounger instead. Take that as you will. Run can be found here: https://youtu.be/hH3fDw_8YjM
So what do we think so far? In need of a nerf? If so, by how much and where should the nerfs be targeted?