Gor behaviour and attack patters

I am sorry but what?
WoM was supposed to be ENDGAME content, the difficulty increase is in the name ENDGAME content?
What were you expecting WoM to be then if not more difficult?
Beastman already got nerfed to the ground and FS said that they are going to look into the Beastman spawn frequency which should satisfy pretty much everyone, but I am pretty sure even that wont satisfy everyone

A bit off-topic but I still think archers should fire in accurate, loud volleys that one shot most careers but at fair intervals.

I like that Beastmen are a very in your face type of faction. They pressure better than the other hordes and close in more quickly. They need more specials though (pretty sick of easy to counter banner spam) and Wargors are far too fragile. Pathetically easy to kill (same with the banners themselves to be honest).

Their heights can make seeing mixed in specials difficult sometimes. I don’t think anything can be done about this though.

The pushing thing is interesting. I’d be fine with this being changed. It would make them more consistent without clashing with the faction’s characteristics.
(Can pushes head shot btw?)

The “endgame” part of Winds of Magic was Weaves.

Anyway, when you buy a DLC that adds another faction I don’t know who expects it to noticably increase the difficulty of the base game? It completely negates the point of having predetermined difficulties to choose from.

I wouldn’t lose any sleep if the beastmemes got a bit of a height nerf, they tower over everything and blocks your entire peripheral. Just annoyances on every level.

No, we’re talking about how much differential stagger resistance matters for infantry, for infantry even if you set stagger resistance=50 in deathwish ( the maximum value) it makes almost no difference when you hit them ( relative to like 15 which is high enough that you’ll only see flinching for most weapons) because Fatshark lowered the lowest stagger threshold to zero on horde enemies shortly after release of WOM, AKA any attack/push will at least cause the lowest level of stagger (a flinch).

Even if you could set hordes to have infinite stagger resistance they would still flinch under this system, similarly elites will always flinch with headshots if not doing an attack with exceptional stagger resistance. What it does make a difference for horde enemies is past a certain point, you can’t knock enemies on the ground with pushes or even career abilities, past another point, you can’t push enemies to stagger them for very long or push them very far at all (they will barely move), at ~30 differential stagger resistance you stop noticing a difference.

Stagger resistance actually matters the most on the low end, where most weapons have very high levels of stagger relative to the stagger resistance thresholds of infantry, like on Cataclysm.

2 Likes

To be honest it wasnt clear from Sleezy´s post that that´s what he meant but thanks for clearing that up
I am aware that stagger resistance threshold exists (light and heavy) just wasnt clear from that reply that it´s that what he meant.

1 Like