Goodbye hi shock gauntlet

The modifier screenshotted is horrible. It’s atrocious. No one likes it. If they do they’re lying. It’s gimmicky and boring. Just let me pick the modifier myself. I am a big boy, Fatshark. I will be back on your anti-player game when the only good mode is back up.

6 Likes

ah, so probably no darktide this weekend. back to diablo4

3 Likes

They really need to do away with Global modifiers and have all the bunch shuffle in and out wildly on the board. Preferably no maps without modifiers. Go all crazy.

Also we need more modifiers on top. This game needs to go all out with the insanity, it’s a perfect match for the setting.

6 Likes

I like snipers and low-visibility maps, and I’m not lying.

That said, there should always be a hi-int on rotation, and I’d very much be down for choosing your own modifiers.

I get that you don’t like some things that other people actually do like, but don’t use hyperbole to get something that people on both sides of that coin want, that’s a selfish way to provide solutions.

2 Likes

Me too. Probably the best mods after STG.
I only never play that power outage mod. It’s just stressful and stupid.

That said, I think I have one more mission for Melk, and after that it’s Street Fighter 6 for me this weekend.
#waitingforhistg

1 Like

Tbh i was just frustrated when i said that, i know some people like it. It’s just very annoying to have it forced upon players who would rather play a different mode. Oh well, that’s hundreds of hours of gameplay I’ll sink into other games instead

2 Likes

Yeah I would rather it be like that than having to wait days or in this case like a whole week just for the modifier to be back in rotation.

Sniper purge can be a ton of fun but not for 4 to 6 hours straight

rejoice

1 Like

I totally understand, and the fact that this has been said to Fatshark over and over again, but they don’t seem to heed any feedback in a meaningful way makes it even more frustrating. You’re honestly better off playing the other games til FS gets it together and makes changes that make people want to come back, vs. fighting with the game itself to have fun.

1 Like

I think they do it on purpose: if you are frustrated that the difficulty you want isn’t available, you will be more eager to play when it is there. It’s some twisted marketing psychological strategy. The modifiers people want aren’t always there, but still there often enough to feed their interest and addiction so they don’t just RQ indefinitely. If they could play high int gauntlet all the time chances are they would grow wary of the game faster
It’s petty, I won’t argue with that ^^

2 Likes

Thank god the latest comm link adressed this issue in detail.

2 Likes

With about three thousand (concurrent) players globally, they can’t do that.

But D4 is soooo booring!

Honestly i think you’re probably right. I know i get excited when i see it’s up. But still, how many players are on when that modifier is up vs how many are on when it’s off? I wouldnt be surprised if there is a decent players spike when hi shock is on the board

this game and fomo effect just is disaster to community. half ppl like it, other dont.

i understand that it sounds good on paper, but in reality there are other options, like not playing this game and playing something else, or going out…

fatshark listen to what community says, look at charts of active players, the hole is deep but you can still go back

They do. They do it to encourage you to log in every day to check if your favourite mode is there, and as you say, to stop people from getting bored of it too quickly. It’s part of the whole live service fomo thing.

Unfortunately for them, it’s had the opposite effect on me (and others, I suspect), since my favourite mode is not there more often than it is.

1 Like

I wish that the modifiers were random. Something like you join into a normal mission, but partway through the lights flicker and you need to deal with lights out for the next several tiles until the power comes back on. Or any of the other modifiers. Something to shake up the maps so that they don’t play the same way every time.

1 Like

dynamic map conditions in various sections would be cool. but cool is not allowed in 41st millennium

1 Like

Playing on HC and creating an own build did the trick for me.