Game Switching to Bordered Window

Very recently, my game has been switching from full-screen to bordered window in the middle of a mission. This has been happening often, and not only do I suddenly lose window focus, mouse & keyboard control and take many hits in the middle of the action, the borders also block the view of the health bar at the bottom of the screen. And it takes too many clicks to get back to full-screen mode!

Hi @sebelas,

Can you please try the following and see if there’s any difference:

• Verify Integrity of Game Files (this is a shot in the dark, just in case!)
  1. Right-click Vermintide 2 in your Steam library sidebar
  2. Select ‘Properties’
  3. Select the ‘Local Files’ tab
  4. Select the ‘Verify the Integrity of Game Files’ button
  5. When complete, close and reopen Steam
  • Disable background applications
  1. Press the Windows key
  2. Type ‘msconfig’ and select ‘System Configuration’
  3. On the ‘General’ tab, select ‘Selective Startup’
  4. Deselect ‘Load startup Items’
  5. Reboot your PC
  • Check your user_settings.config isn’t set to ‘Read-only’
  1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% and select the ‘OK’ button
  3. Navigate to to the appropriate directory below:
    AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2
  4. Right-click user_settings.config and select ‘Properties’
  5. Under ‘Attributes’, deselect the ‘Read-only’ checkbox
  6. Apply the changes

As work around, ye olde shortcut key of Alt+Enter usually toggles video modes in games.

It has been so many years since I have had to use Alt-Enter that I have completely forgotten it existed.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

By a process of elimination, I have found that my Razer Synapse 3 is causing the window focus issue. I have been removing stuff from my PC in prep for handing it over to my kids, and how & why that somehow triggered Synapse’s behavior, I do not know. And the thing is, the same version of Synapse does not cause any issues on my new PC, so for now, I am going to just grit my teeth and bear with it for a few more days.

2 Likes

Oh, how bizarre! I’m glad that you were able to identify the culprit though - thank you for the update and for sharing your solution :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.